Saturday, March 17, 2012

Lets Get the Show on the Road

In an effort to 'prime' my body and get things moving along I've intentionally had an active day today.

I've done housework
I worked in the yard with Kevin. We pulled weeds, racked and bagged yard clippings, and cleaned out the flower beds.
I organized some in the garage
I've eaten spicy food
We took the dogs on a long walk
And I certainly can't forget gettin' it on

I wonder if any of this will get things moving in the 'labor and delivery' direction..So far all I have felt are some sharp " lightening rod" type pains through my cervix and down through my whoo ha and I was also noticing a lot more Braxton Hicks contractions when we were walking the dogs.


Hmm...there are some other things I will also be trying. But nothing crazy or extreme, of course. I totally respect Mother Nature and I know her timing is best. It's just kinda fun to think that just maybe some of these things may help move along a process that's already in the works.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck! I bet you guys are SO excited to meet your little one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, thank you, thank you! We ARE so excited! It feels like Christmas when I was five--you know when you can't catch a wink of sleep because you are sooo excited about Santa Clause coming. :) I still have ten days until my DD, so who knows how quickly this will all happen...but we're hoping sooner rather than later since I'm not comfortable with being induced and will just have to wait it out naturally. Thanks for your positive thoughts.

    ReplyDelete