Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Things are Picking Up at 37.5 wks

Since going off of the Procardia 5 or 6 days ago, for the most part, I've been feeling excellent. So much so that I question whether I'm truly nine months pregnant. I feel like I could go on like this forever. I mean, I love being pregnant anyway, so to feel so amazing is just a cherry on top. I am very grateful as a lot of women hate me for feeling this good in my ninth month. But I also think it may have something to do with my minimal weight gain. It seems logical that one would feel much more exhausted carrying around 50 pounds of extra weight rather than 20.  But I think I've earned the right to feel this amazing. :)

I did not have an immediate increase in Braxton Hicks contractions ( or real contractions, for that matter) after coming off the Procardia. However, for the last couple of days, I have been having a lot of Braxton Hicks. No pain, I just notice a lot of non-painful tightening and "balling up" of my uterus, as some women describe it. Also for the last few days I've had a new pain at the bottom of my uterus on both my right and left sides..possible round ligaments??  Nothing horrible, just different. I know that in the final weeks the ligaments that hold the uterus in place are really feeling the weight load, the pelvic bones are separating, and the baby is pushing further down into the pelvis, so one of these is the likely cause of these new pains. I think they are great. They remind me I'll be getting to meet our Bean soon!

Speaking of meeting the Bean soon---this weekend as we were coming home from some outing Kevin randomly says, " Can you just stop hoggin' my little baby. I'd really like to play with them now." I reminded him there probably won't be too much playing going on for a bit. It will be more like we give, and give, and give, and give some more until the baby is a little older. :) Just between me and you, I love hoggin' the baby and having him/her with me all the time. I love this time that I don't have to share. It's all Mamma time. :)

This morning I woke up with what feels exactly like period cramps. They are more prominent when I'm up and doing stuff, too. No back pain or real contractions though. Otherwise, I still feel great with no other 'symptoms' of anything.  Since I've never gone into labor, I'm just assuming it's one of the body's small steps to get things prepared for the big day. Oh, and no more swelling anywhere since going off the Procardia. I knew it was that dang drug. I drink way too much water to be retaining that much fluid in my legs. Glad that part is done with. I really do feel bad for women who suffer with severe swelling. I had minimal swelling compared to a lot of women, but it was still uncomfortable and annoying. I can't imagine having it severely.

I have also noticed the baby is actually pretty active lately. Maybe it's just that he/she is running out of room so even his/her smallest movements feel like big ones to me, but I feel like the baby  is pushing up their butt or pushing out a leg a lot more lately. But I like that too. It's another reminder of what I will be meeting very soon!

I have nooo idea if this is the start of anything. I know even if it is, it could still be weeks before the big day, so I'm not holding my breath. On that note, we don't want the baby here until at least Monday anyway. That is when my doc will be back in town and my mom will no longer have all the grandkids at her house for Spring Break 5 hours away. And I really, really want the babe to cook as long as possible. I know every single day really does help. But I also know if we delivered today, our babe would likely do awesome and only have a few very small hiccups as far as their health, if any.

I'll keep ya posted.

2 comments:

  1. The period cramps could most definitely be the start of something..if they get stronger, and more regular you could be starting labor! I will be praying for a safe and quick delivery for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll keep my fingers crossed that this may be the start of something in the semi near future. Sure can't wait to lay my eyes on our babe for the first time. Thank you so much for your sweet prayers over us. Hope all is well in your corner of the world. K

    ReplyDelete