Today I'm 39 weeks and 2 days. As I have mentioned before, I might as well be three weeks over due. I am so eager to get this show on the road and meet the Bean!
In an effort to possibly help things along, last weekend I worked hard around the house and in the yard and garage. This weekend, looots of walking! My husband has become the 'walking nazi'. Dang, I know the baby is small, but that doesn't mean it's not tiring to lug it around for miles.
Last night we went out for dinner at our local town center and then walked and walked from store to store afterwards. It was a really nice evening and lots of people were out and about. It turned out to be a pretty great evening. Towards the end when I was feeling the pains of walking so much, Kevin would say to me, " Come on, babe, you just gotta push through." Geez. Also keep in mind I'm doing this all after a big dinner and while wearing some cute patton leather wedges. And, of course, we can't forget I'm 9 months pregnant. Kevin, I'm going to remember your little "push through" comment, honey. I'll be sure to reciprocate it at the perfect time in the future for ya.
Today it was off to a large outdoor flea market/carnival-y type place: Trader's Village. We haven't been to this place in years, but the weather is amazing this weekend and since I'm being forced to walk, we figured this place would offer plenty of exercise and some good people watching.
It turned out to be a pretty nice little outing. We sure did walk and walk and walk. I got some sun on my pasty arms, I enjoyed a FABULOUS Pepsi fountain drink with amazing crushed ice, a corn dog, a turkey leg, a funnel cake, and an ice cream cone. Nice! In my defense, all of this was split with Kevin. :)
Of course we also enjoyed some super fun people watching. People are so interesting to me. Truly. And the cherry on top: Kevin and I each picked up totally random, odd purchases that we would have otherwise never bought. Well, I surely would have never bought what I bought had it not been on a whim for a good deal at a flea market.
So what were those lovely purchases you wonder? Well, Kevin decided we needed a very large umbrella. But not just any umbrella. A large umbrella with a curved handle, not a straight one, and it had to have a metal tip at the top, not a wooden one, AND, it had to be in a particular color shade. So we walked and walked trying to isolate this umbrella. He eventually settled on one. Actually it was one of the first ones we saw but passed on originally. And wouldn't you know it was located waay far away from the center of the park. So more walking. :)
And for me, what was my cool find? Hahaha..you're going to love this. I am now the proud new owner of 45 incense, in different aromas, and a cute wooden box to enclose my burning incense and to store the rest of my incense. I feel a little hippy-ish about this purchase, but in the moment, I was really excited about my new acquisition. We'll see how often these get burned. :)
The rest of the weekend will hold church, of course, and some random errands, but other than that we are taking it easy and seeing if any of this walking does anything to entice the Bean out.
But even if the babe decides not to join us sooner rather than later, I'm thoroughly enjoying all of this sweet time with the hubs. It will def be a little bitter sweet when it's no longer our little family of two. It sure has been such a sweet, sweet time together for the last 5 and a half years.
No comments:
Post a Comment