Sooo glad today is over with! Seriously. Today turned out to be a not good day...at all. At the moment I don't feel like going into every single detail, but here are a few highlights that helped to put me over the edge.
1. My appointment with the peri was cancelled today
2. Severe nausea started and persisted all day, especially after eating. This is totally new.
3. Roller coaster emotions. Well, actually, I'm just clearly full of surging estrogen. Everything makes me cry and feel heart broken. Also new. Awesomeness.
4. I had nothing to do today, which allowed me to indulge in my weepy-ness.
5. Kevin and I had a tiff
6. I am worried about whether there is anything wrong with the Bean
7. I'm anxious to deliver
8. I have a bad sunburn
9. I knew I lost a lot of muscle mass while on bed rest and then going to light duty, but I found that the skin under my biceps now flaps in the wind. Beautiful.
10. Kevin was nice enough to point out the obviousness of the 'pregnancy mask' skin darkening issue I have on my face. Like I don't see it and like it doesn't make me self conscious. ( But, no, this was not what the tiff was over.)
11. Annnd...I have realized that when I sit my belly rests on my thighs. I find this exquisitely charming.
12. Oh, and NO SIGNS OF LABOR!
I know these things will still be there tomorrow. But maybe some sleep will at least give me a new perspective so I can have a better day.
Pregnancy hormones as a way of making things seem way worse than they are. You are beautiful, don't worry about your body. You are growing a beautiful miracle inside you, it will take some time to feel like yourself again but this will ALL be worth it in a week! :-) Hang in there, you only have a few days or so left then you get to see your baby!
ReplyDelete