Sunday, March 25, 2012

Lovin' Our Sweet Family of Two

I want to capture this moment in time, and this moment in my heart. I am in love with our family of two. Of course, I'll be IN LOVE with our family of three and I can't imagine us not about to turn into a fam of three. But until we do, I love my husband and our family together, it is sweet, sweet, sweet.  It's not the kind of sweetness that the flesh can create. It's the kind of sweetness that can only be created by God's own hand. There is nothing corrupt about it. There is nothing to fear about it. It is giving and it is loving. It is safe and it is pure. Only God can create such untainted goodness in this world. And Kevin and I have that in our marriage. This is by far one of the best blessings God can give to us. He is my very best friend and I cherish him for exactly who he is. Our relationship is real, it is deep, we can express raw emotions, and we share an understanding and love that I share with no one else. Yes, he is my husband, so that's kinda the point, but you know what I mean. :)

Okay, if I go any further my husband's head will surely pop--I know it's already on the verge after reading this far. :) So now I offer him some humility...as individuals or as a couple, we are far from perfect, we have plenty that make us imperfect, but we're always working to be better. We do, unfortunately, have to go through this life with an ugly sin nature welling inside of us, so it's kinda expected. But that only makes what Kevin and I have together even more special. It's easy to take the road of the culture, it's difficult to take the "God road", especially when it comes to marriage and struggle within marriage. Our culture wages war on marriage! I am so so so thankful we both make our relationship with Christ and one another top priority. It's the only way to navigate this culture.

So to the point of this post---I am truly cherishing these last days without a little one. Oh man, our time together has been so difficult on many fronts, yet so incredibly beautiful at the same time. I will never ever forget the Kristen and Kevin without bambinos. God's work within us has been priceless. Our time together as a twosome has grown us individually as well as a twosome, which undoubtedly has prepared us to be pretty incredible parents. Yes, I'm claiming that. I know we're pretty much going to rock. God is good.

Can you tell the estrogen is certainly surging! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment