Thursday, March 29, 2012

Oh My, it is here!

So here's the update peeps--

After our appointment with the peri yesterday, apparently he (the peri) saw my OB at the hospital after- hours when they were both doing rounds yesterday evening and he gave her the report on me. By the time I called my OB's office at 8:30am this morning, the nurse and my OB were already aware the peri was recommending I be induced next week and were expecting my call.

So..it looks like I'll be induced on Wednesday, April 4th at 6 am.  It's weird how I've literally been preparing for this baby for sooo long, yet when I know I'm about to meet the baby I all of the sudden feel a little rushed--like it's happening too soon. LOL . BUT CAN'T WAIT!

As I have expressed I really do not want to be induced, but I know there are faaaar worse things in life. So if it happens I'm certainly not going to let it mar my experience. Although a C-Section might be another story--I'm still working on that one. That's a biggie for me right now. But I've given it to God and I know he will prepare me for whatever needs to happens. The most important thing is a healthy mom and baby.

In an effort to see if I can go into spontaneous labor before Wednesday I did go have acupuncture today at 11am to try to "naturally" induce labor. She said most women will see an affect within in 24-48 hours. So we'll see how it goes. I'm really hopeful it will happen. But, if not, at least I know I have literally done everything I know of barring a medical induction to get things going. :)

For the rest of the day, I'll be showering, getting things cleaned up,  and getting some last minute things done around the house just in case things to do happen this weekend.

I can't believe the time is here! It is TOTALLY surreal. It really does feel like a dream. Surely this all can't be real, right?! To wait and wait and wait for this day, then for it to be here...my brain will need a little time to adjust. But it's certainly one adjustment I'm more than excited and willing to make!

And for anyone who is wondering, Kevin and I are in a better place. I figured I should probably remove him from " my list" given the fact we are about to tag team labor together--well, I guess to be fair, I may have a slightly larger role in the whole labor thing-- and we're about to have one of the most special days of our lives. :)

2 comments:

  1. Yay! Don't know if you've thought of this or if it's an option with your doctor, but on both of my inductions I asked my doc to break my water first to see if I could go into labor without pitocin and both times it worked! You guys are in our prayers! Btw...we have no names yet for our sweet girl. It's hard this time!
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori,

    This is a great idea! Obviously I'm not totally induction savvy, so this is a great suggestion that I will certainly ask about. Thanks for so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete