Friday, October 10, 2014

Fall is Upon Us, And Change It Brings

I feel like I'm always so far behind on blogging! Oh man, I wish I had more time. There really are so many great things I want to share everyday! But I have to tell ya, finding both the time and the energy after a long day to upload and sort/save the hundreds of pictures I take on a weekly basis, then write, seems like a looming task most days. Ahhhh the life of a busy Mom with two littles at home. It could be far, far worse than not being able to get to our blog, I know, Life is marvelous.

So much has happened in the last month...!

Okay, lets begin with Preston

He is struggling a little on school these past couple of weeks. Initially it began with him having a potty accident at school to which he responded very emotionally. He became very distraught at school over it, and it took a long time for the teachers to console him. I'm not sure if this just kinda threw things off for him at school or what, but the next week he had lots of crying and " missing Mamma" and telling the teachers he was tired. One of those days he had to spend most of the day stuck to the lap of his teacher, and the other day he was in hysterics for a long while and was inconsolable, so I went to pick him up. Brooks, as you know, has a long history of lots of crying at nighttime. We know this does wake Preston to some extent. We're thinking it is waking Preston more than we thought and he really is not getting enough sleep and is tired and just not able to fully take on the day at school. But this week at school was a lot better. A little crying at drop off, but apparently he settles quickly and has fun all day. But we still don't know why the sudden change, as Brooks keeping his awake at night is not a new thing. I have talked to his teachers and they say all is the same and well at school and he is very well adjusted and gets along well with all of his classmates and teachers. They have no idea what could have triggered this change.

We have our conference with his teacher to go over their assessment of Preston at the end of the month. ..Slightly awkward. I mean, don't they know Preston is perfect and should have no deficiencies or "goals". LOL...After all. he is two.

Preston will be dressing up at school and having a Halloween parade. He will be the lion from the Wizard of Oz. :)

Preston is still doing pretty well with potty training. He will have accidents if at home and you have to remind him regularly,  but he does excellent when at school or when out and about. Thankfully.

Preston is like a suuuuper sponge. I just cannot say enough how wild it is to watch these littles grow! Of course, I think everything he does it just brilliant, but, really, WOW!

He still loves his teacher Mrs. " A Man Da" a lot. He talks to her on his play phone and talks to her in his crib and comes home from school telling me that " Mrs. A Man Da happy to see me".


Mr. Brooks:

He is 8 months old and 21 pounds!

And he has TWO TEETH!

We are doing a hybrid of baby led weaning and purees with him. Very minimal purees, mostly eating whole foods once or twice a day, and we're being sure to be conservative with this, as we really want him to stay on breast milk and not self wean earlier than he normally would because of an overabundance of food in his diet. He is doing great!

He was weighed last week and weighs 21#, so def not missing any calories. Just for comparison, with two years apart, Preston is only 5# heavier than Brooks. One small and one big. It's hilarious to see the two of them side by side.

He is MOBILE! And oh so close to walking. He is cruising all over the furniture helping himself to toys inside the toy box, and right under our feet constantly, Preston is not too keen on this new development, as this means he has to share all of this toys now, and Brooks is able to go help himself to whatever he wants. And so it begins. :)  He can push the walking push toys and he climbs on top of things and uses them as leverage so he can climb on larger things, such as the couch. He is a wild, strong little dude. Is God really giving me TWO Preston's??

He is quite the Mamma's dude. I love it. I know all this snuggle and holding him time will be gone before I know it, So I really do try to soak it up.

And the best, most amazing, incredible, The- Lord- loves- us-update about Brooks----he is sleeping through the night!!! Right at the 8 month mark this glorious amazing little gift fell down from Heaven for us. oh.my.gosh, it's glorious, Buuut, I will say, we did help him a little to get here, literally, over night. Even though he was sleeping in his crib in our room, I finally realized it was just not working for us all three to be sleeping in the same room. Whether we were waking him, or I was just being too responsive to his whines at night and going to him, which was creating a night waking habit---whatever was happening, it just wasn't working for our family as a whole---no one was rested, ever. . It was completely taking a toll on the entire family. So Kevin and I did a trial of sleeping in the guest room one night, so Brooks would be in his crib in our room all by himself---it worked! There was no crying, and he slept for 12 hours! If you know Brooks and his sleeping, this is unheard of. He was usually up 4 times a night and there was tons and tons of crying every single night when we initially put him down, and tons of exhaustion and frustration on our part. So needless to say, very sadly on some level because I was not ready for him to not be close to me at night---but we are no longer all sleeping in the same room. But sleep for all of us is more important than having him in the room with us.

Me and the Hubs:

We are fantastic. Fall is beautiful here! The leaves and trees are just gorgeous, nothing like we have back home. Although I am very sad for winter to be headed our way.

Kevin's been staying busy with " President-esque" HOA responsibilities, and working on decorating for Halloween and a few more house projects before winter shows it's not so pretty face.

I am launching a new online Etsy business! We have been working super hard on it and hope to have an official launch day of November 1st. We will sell organic, chemical free essential oil health products and hand crafted skin care products, such as antiaging serums, lotions, scrubs, etc. This has been a ton of work--more than we anticipated, I think.  But I love doing it, and I totally believe in the benefit of avoiding chemicals and healing the body through alternative means. Sooo I'm opening up all my recipes to share with everyone! Whooo hooo! We are so excited!


Kevin has to travel more than we thought he would with this job, and definitely more than I like. So the boys and I have some long, hard days when he's gone. I've learned that some days, just surviving is A-ok!

It's pretty lonely here. I can't wait to go home, whenever that will be. I've joined a Mother's of Preschooler's Group, but so far it hasn't really added much in the way of friendships or an outlet like I was really really hoping. So lots of long exhausting days in general. Ha! But I know this will definitely be a time of exceptional growth if I allow it. So that's my saving grace at the moment. Just hanging on to God's promises and keeping my focus on serving Him. All else I have no control over.


We miss and love each of you!

Here's some updated pictures!

Look who is 8 months old!




It was a recipe making kind of weekend ...









I made my first sale on Etsy and Kevin made me a "certificate" to commemorate that I am " official"! So sweet and thoughtful!






 He's like a real big guy now!

 whooo weee this is a handsome one!






He digs toys out and helps himself, no problem.


 ....and helping himself to the couch...



We went to the fair, and Preston had a blast!








 Poor Glory, her bed is no longer her own.

Look at this big guy





 Brotherly Love


 Preston said Glory needed this bear to keep her company

 Train ride at the mall, He is obsesssssed with trains!

 Train day with Daddy

 Grocery shopping fun



 Headed to school



 Look at these loves

 " Halloween Man" as Preston says, came for a visit this week after dinner








 Look at this little Kevin ...man...


 Brooks is absolutely head over heel in love with his big brother








So there ya have it, folks! Miss and love you!

4 comments:

  1. Preston and Brooks have grown up SO much and are so cute and adorable! I loved reading this update on how they are doing and changing. You are one busy mama, that's for sure! Aiden and Callen are getting to the point now where they are finally starting to interact and play a little bit together. It melts my heart, yet terrifies me at the same time because Aiden isn't very gentle and Callen seems to be pretty sensitive. :-) When you open your Etsy business, please be sure to post the link so that I can do some shopping!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the sweet words. Isnt it incredible how fast time flys by. So sad some days. Thank you for sharing about your two!!! That is incredible. My #2 is sensitive too and preston not at all. It has to be the oldest child thing. I will def post a link when were up and running, for sure. Im always so encouraged by your comments but have the worst luck getting a reply back to you. But i do read and appreciate your kind words and support!

      Delete
  2. I can't remember if I gave you my blog URL before or not, but here it is. We need to stay in touch better, that's for sure!
    I agree with you, it is TOTALLY an oldest child thing. I have been wondering for months now when that "sibling love" was going to happen between the boys. They've been pretty seperate in their playing and interactions so far, but something clicked with them last month and they are starting to giggle, snuggle and play better together. It's really the cutest thing to watch. I can't leave them alone yet, as Aiden will take toys from Callen and the whole playtime erupts in tears, but we are working on it!
    I know how hard it is to move to a new place and try to find mommy friends and a group to connect with. I finally got to the point where I designated Fridays for myself. Regardless if I leave the house or not (which I can usually only be gone about 2 hours before Callen wakes up to nurse!), I will order myself in food and just be alone for 2 hours in the quiet. Sometimes I will go out for dinner with a friend, but Friday evenings are MY time. It's very refreshing! :-) I hope you find some awesome mommy friends soon!
    http://myblog-hro.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete