Oh.My.GOODNESS. We.have.a.preschooler! Really?! How can it be?? I remember like it was yesterday, literally, walking out of my RE's office the day of my embryo transfer and crawling into the backseat of the car to lay down so ' nothing came back out' and being soo hopeful, yet so scared of all if not working, having no baby nine months later. That embryo was Preston! I can't even describe the feeling. I am now watching a teacher come up to the car, pick him up, and walk him into school---and he very willingly and happily like such a big guy goes. It is definitely bittersweet. I will forever completely love love love and cherish the time he was all mine, that I didn't have to share him, from the moment his little embryo self was transferred into my body, up until school beginning. It has been nothing short of a miracle that only God could have ordained.
We prepared Preston super well for school and for every detail of what to expect--from the car ride, to getting ready in the morning, to interacting with kids and teachers, having a teacher take him from the carpool line, and leaving me for half the day---and it paid off, He has been a total pro, and he is absolutely in love with school and his teacher. Seriously. It's all he talks about.
As soon as he gets put back in the car after school he says, " Mamma, more school please please. Me go more school, Mamma, please." He walks around day and night screeching things like, " God Loves Me!", and " Uh Man Da! ( his teachers name)", and " I miss Amanda, Mamma." He is so loving and full of sweet hugs and kisses. Melts me. I'm patting myself on the back, yes, I am. He is enthralled with the experience. So far his teacher reports he is a "dream" ( I have no doubt they tell all the parents this, but, hey, I'm still soaking it up), and says Preston has stolen her heart and is such a kind, sweet boy. He eagerly prances off to school in the morning and comes home super worn out. I love both of those things. .. a lot. AND....he is having no potty accidents at school!! I think I may have the best kid ever.
Brooks is seriously all over the place these days. He wants to be right in the action all the time. I find that he seems to more of a passive player of toys and is far less vocal than Preston was at his age, although he has no issue with being vocal during the night----sheeesh! But he is happy and easy like Preston was too...at least when Preston was his age. :) He is crawling everywhere! He pulls up on everything and has amazing control of his little body. It's so wild to me. So he actually crawled and began pulling up on things a tad earlier than Preston, but both of them have been "early" on all physical milestones, and Preston was walking at 10 months. So we shall see how things go with Mr. B.
We had family photos taken a few weeks ago! We sure did get some sweet shots. I can't wait to share these with you.
Kevin and I just sat down and wrote out our family mission statement, and our individual mission statements as Husband/Wife and Father/Mother. We hung them in the center of the house so we can reference them quickly and daily. We think it's a great way to make sure we as a family and individually stay on track with our goals and values. Love this.
We tried a new church this past weekend, and are super eager to get plugged back in small connect groups. We find tremendous value in having day to day relationship with people of similar age and life stage in the church. It is such a beautiful, powerful thing to stay in relation with those who can hold you accountable and really pour into your life.
I totally don't update about Kevin near enough, okay, well, hardly ever. I'm sorry. He is doing great. He still really likes his job. He does have to travel more than what was expected, about a week per month, which I.DO.NOT.LOVE. Okay, I said it, it's no secret, it's brutal for me. I have no support here and to be with a never sleeping 7 month old and a crazy busy constantly pushing the limits 2.5 year old all day and night for a week straight with no break---oh man, it kills me every time. But moving on...I'm not going to camp on those crap feelings. But, needless to say, I'm not in love with Georgia and will soo happy when we can go home!
I'm hanging in there too. Some days I think I have this mom thing down pat, and other days I swear I'm a complete and total failure. I think some days I may JUST NOW be getting adjusted to life with two. LOL Man, it's no joke about the hardship of adjusting to two kiddos, especially when they are this young. ...this is why Mom's need to be 22 when they have kids. Whew!
I am embarking on all kinds of exciting ventures, too. I'm opening an Etsy Store, doing some trademarking and filings for my Girls Mission Ministry, and also looking at when I can begin getting my certifications to become a Douala, Lactation Consultant and Birth Educator. Kevin and and I have long known the Lord was preparing me for this and weaving all of these interests together for a big old mix of amazingness to bless a lot of women and families ( I CAN NOT WAIT!!!) but we also know it's all in His time. As the Lord grows me and prunes me and then reveals a little more of the puzzle, I share what God is placing on my heart with Kevin. Kevin is so great about fulfilling his role as supporter and to make certain I reach my God given potential. He has been so involved and working really hard on designing logos, researching, and building awesome spread sheets for me. Kevin said to me, " You're meant to do something great and I'm here to make sure you do." That is beautiful to me to see my husband believe in me so much and heed God's design in his role as husband. Very beautiful. And very thankful.
Okay, so there ya have it! We are great around here. Trying to stay in the moment, and just make it some days. Love and miss all of you.
Now, onto the awesomeness of pictures!
First Day of School, sitting in the carpool line
And he's off!
Muscle baby!!
Second day of school
His hat that says, " God loves me" at school
Lunch at the park with Mamma
He loooves to swing!!
Melt me!
Preston's new daily activity chart
A friend gave B knee pads! Hilarious
Putting up our mission statements on the pantry door













No comments:
Post a Comment