Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Baby Shower

We had our baby shower this past weekend and it rocked!

It was an amazing weekend actually. My Mom and Aunt Karen were in from out of town for the shower, so it was such a blessing to be able to see them. There were so many people that worked so hard to make this moment incredible for us. I mean, seriously. We were truly gifted by some amazing hearts. They all did an outstanding job!

The shower was beautiful! There were gourmet cupcakes that were to-die-for in green and white with little 'peas in the pod' on top, amazing chicken salad croissants that were all the rage, fun games, great, creative table ideas, fresh flowers and natural greenery in place, and,  most importantly a ton of sweet friends and family. We had, I think, about 45 guests.  It was truly a classic event. Nothing cheesy about it.  Every detail was thoughtfully planned and executed. It was truly perfect. I have waited a long time to be the guest of honor at a baby shower. It was everything I had dreamed. Just perfect.

We were blessed beyond belief. Our baby is definitely not in need of one single thing. Oh my goodness, incredible. I have spent everyday since the shower sifting through the tons of baby gear, washing baby items, and organizing the baby room. It is full! There is literally not an inch for one more thing! My bag is packed for the hospital trip and all is ready for Baby Wicker. My due date is in three weeks and tomorrow will be my last day on Procardia. I have stayed on them a bit longer because I have been a crazy cleaning, organizing, errand running nesting crazy woman! Oh my gosh, you have no idea! But I'm almost done, so I can then just wait on the baba!

Cant wait!!! The day is almost here!

These desserts were to-die-for awesome! Look at the pea in the pod!

Me and the hubs!





Shower favors. Super cute glass bottles with jelly "beans" inside with bottle nipples affixed to the top of the bottle.  Great idea!





Getting ready to open gifts!

 As we opened gifts they were moved to this table. Our friends and family were so generous!

Telling all of our guests how thankful we are they came out to celebrate our sweet baby with us.




Granny Sherri, these two posts from today are for you. We're alive and well. All is okay with us, I've just been suuuper busy since the shower and haven't blogged. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment