Monday, March 26, 2012

Just as a Precaution ...

So I will be heading to the perinatologist this afternoon to get the expert's opinion on the rather short femur of the Bean. Of course, I'm hoping there is an easy explanation for why the Bean's femur is so short and barely growing, but I can't just wait until delivery to deal with this possible issue. I need to know what to expect on D day, if at all possible.  So I asked my OB if she would mind me going back to the specialist to get his expert eyes' take on the Bean's skeleton.

I'll be headed there this afternoon--for an end of the day appointment. Arg.  It has been a long five days waiting on this appointment, I tell ya. I felt great this weekend. I felt really peaceful about it all. But now that today I will get some news, and I'll have to go to the appointment alone, I'm feeling anxious. (Kevin started a brand new job today ( whooo hooo! This is a major blessing that we have been praying over for months and months!!), so it's not exactly ideal for him to ask for some personal time off so he can go with even though he really wants to be there. He has a list of questions he wants me to ask the doc.  But, we're hoping it is all no big deal, so I should be fine going alone. :)

We have been praying heavily over the Bean this weekend, as have others. Our Bean has been made fearlessly in God's image. Everything God ordains is for our good. And I have the power of the Holy Spirit at my disposal. I am claiming all of these truths today.

Update, my appt. just got moved to Wednesday afternoon due to an emergency with one of the doctors. o.m.g. This wait just got a whole lot longer. ....

1 comment:

  1. I'll be praying as well. Let me know how the appointment goes.

    ReplyDelete