With the exception of taking one of our fur kids to the doc tomorrow, all of my to-do's are all complete. Yes! And I'm officially off of the Procardia. Please pray there is nothing seriously wrong with my Julian. Poor little dude. He is our old man of the bunch.
This week I have ran about a bazillion errands, handled a ridiculous amount of home/admin stuff, spent far too much time on the phone making appointments or handling household business, washed a million loads of laundry, scrubbed far more things that any sane person should, (I actually scrubbed the inside of the dishwasher today. O.M.G., I know. Don't judge me. I just had this overwhelming need to make sure it was sparkling clean), I have vacuumed baseboards, I have steam cleaned carpet, I have organized two too many closets, and the list goes on.
BUT, I think I may be done. Either way, I'm off my medications. That's the important thing. I am really, really happy to be off of the Procardia because for some reason I have been having a new symptom from taking it for the last couple of weeks. If I am not laying down when I take it, it now causes severe swelling and redness in my legs and feet at every dose. I haven't brought this up to my doc, but I assume it is because Procardia lowers one blood pressure, which is the primary function and purpose of this drug, and given the fact that I'm much farther along now and my body is having to work even harder to get blood/fluid from my feet back up to my heart, the lowering of my already low blood pressure from the Procardia dose is only further compounding this effect, thus causing marked edema in my legs and feet. That's my theory, anyway. But it's actually kinda uncomfortable, not just ugly to look at.
It feels soo good to be "ready" at least as far as a to-do list goes. Otherwise, I'm still on the fence. In one breath I'm ready for labor to be here now so we can meet our Bean, and on the other hand, it's a scary prospect still. I don't adjust to change well, and a big ol' change is coming. Although it's an exciting one!
Kevin on the other hand is ready, like, yesterday for the baby to be here and he has let that be known. He has asked me everyday this week to tell him exactly when I was going to stop taking the Procardia. He wanted me off of it pronto. He has put the car seat in the car and is now researching more about new age versions of cloth/biodegradable insert diapers like Bum Genius and G diapers. I'm not against going this route assuming it's not overly time consuming for me and it saves enough money to make it worth while, but like I told Kevin tonight---we can switch to cloth diapers at any time. It doesn't have to be immediate that we start using them. I have no idea how life for me is going to be as a new mom, and to start with, simple is better. So the jury is still out on this one. We are researching and learning more about all of the many option available when it comes to cloth diapers. There are a tooon of options, believe it or not. And they all have different components and price tags. It's no longer just a cotton diaper and safety pins.
Anyways, life is good. We are ready and waiting. I have this feeling I may be waiting a while unless there is a rapid uptake in the number of contractions I'm having. ..We shall see..
You might want to use disposable diapers for the first month or so. Newborns have some nasty, tar poops which I'm assuming would be really hard to clean out of cloth diapers. I've heard the Bum Genius diapers are awesome, but they are a little pricy like $25 a diaper. We buy our disposable diapers from amazon or costco and usually spend about $40 a month or so on disposables. I've thought about switching to cloth too, maybe for baby #2?
ReplyDeleteSounds like you are nesting big time! It's so nice to have a clean house, especially when the baby comes home. It will be one less thing to worry about. Oh, and when we came home from the hospital, I had a recliner that became "my" chair. I ended up putting together a little basket next to it with Lanolin, a water bottle, nail clippers, burp rags, notebook for writing down feedings/diapers, etc so I didn't have to move much. It was SO helpful!