Saturday, March 10, 2012

Final Preparations

So I think we have pretty much everything in place for the babe. We have sorted everything, organized all the chaos that is baby, and we have some of the big items in place in the house/car. Having the bassinet and swing in place is really more for our dogs. This way they have plenty of time to adjust to baby things in the house. It feels good to be ready and waiting. Would you expect anything else from me and Kevin. We're like perpetual planners gone wild!

Now we're getting to do the really fun stuff, like make sure we hit up our favorite places to eat and go out to the movies before the baby arrives. We know these outings will be forever changed once the baby is here, if not impossible entirely for a while. We don't live super close to any babysitters, so our twosome will definitely be a full time threesome very soon. Plus, I have nooo idea when I will be ready to part with the Bean and take someone up on a babysitting offer, to be honest. But, who knows, maybe I will be so worn out by being on call 24/7 it may be a welcome break to let someone else watch the bean for a bit.

So we're making a conscious effort to enjoy these last few weeks of couplehood freedom, because the way we live our lives now will never be again. No need to rush its passing.  Because I'm sure we will have times in the future when we really, really miss what we have right now. So, yes, we're anxiously waiting on our baby, but at the same time, we're trying to focus on the positives of having a few more weeks to go and we're working on making sure each day is filled intentionally.

Here are some pics of our final preparations.


Hospital stuff is ready to go!




Do you see this full baby closet!

Baby swing in place. We decided to give the Mamaroo a try because of its small footprint. We just simply don't have the room for a normal baby swing in our living room! Seriously! I'm shocked at how wide the bases are of traditional baby swings.
Bassinet in the bedroom on my side of the bed is ready to go, too. Just waitin' on the sweet little one to be sleeping beside me.


The carseat is in the car and also just waitin on the little one.


Until all the fun begins, I'm feeling awesome physically--I think I should really stop complaining about being this small while 9 months pregnant, it has its perks apparently, my heartburn and leg/ankle swelling is non existent since stopping the Procardia, and I have nothing left to do but relax and enjoy the next few weeks. So that's the plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment