Monday, January 30, 2012

Today Was a Good Day

I don't know if today is the start of something really great, but today was the first day that I haven't wanted someone to put me out of my misery. I hate to jinx things by even writing this blog. I am far from 100% and still feel like crap, but just not the kind of pain that has you laying on the bathroom floor in your towel just praying that you'll pass out and escape some of the discomfort. Gosh, I never want to be there again. However, I'm still not in the answering phone calls or talking to people quite yet. I barely take calls from my Mom and my brother was in town this weekend and he called asking to come over for a bit to see us before he headed back to Houston this weekend and I actually declined. So please all, don't take it as me avoiding you. I'm just recouping.

I have no idea what the difference is between yesterday and today other than the fact that a good friend of mine called me yesterday and prayed an amazing prayer over me while we were on the phone.

I have also been able to eat today. As soon as I woke up and felt the day may have a smidge of potential I took full advantage and started with breakfast, two pieces of wheat toast and some grapes, and then tried to eat as much as I could handle the rest of the day. Granted, it was still a far cry from the caloric intake I usually take in or the amount I should be consuming, but it felt soo good to know that I wasn't starving the baby today.

I spoke at length with my Aunt today who just recently had her gallbladder out. Turns out, although she was not pregnant when she had her gallbladder issues, I suffer from the exact symptoms she had--almost down to every detail. She said gallbladder issues are the worst and its so painful. She said, like me, she often felt like she had the flu, she was ran down with no energy to do basic tasks, often ran a low grade fever, and also found herself without the energy to get dressed after a shower and would have to lay own in order to muster enough energy to finish her bathroom routine. I wonder if the more I eat and the more my system is "normalized", even my sickly gallbladder, if it's actually helping my body to feel better from the inside out. God, I sure hope this is an upward trend! It felt sooo good today to actually be able to sit up and not have to lay down with no comfortable position to be found.

A funny note to today, Kevin must have a natural crafty bone in his body. Now that he has been turned on to my sewing machine and hemmed pants for my mom and I, he has now moved on to a new sewing project. Yesterday he studied up online, watched some how-to videos, and downloaded a pattern for a car seat cover. So he went out and got all the material and supplies he needed. Tonight after work he washed and dried his material and got it all ironed for him to begin his cutting and sewing this week. He cracks me up!

No comments:

Post a Comment