With all of this bed rest its been important to maintain intimacy with Kevin. Since sex is out of the picture, we've had to brainstorm about other ways to make that happen. And then, something occurred to me. Intimacy does not have a mutually exclusive relationship with sex. Intimacy is not always found in sex. Having small, sweet romantic moments in one's relationship can offer a tender level of intimacy that's just as fulfilling as any romp in the hay. Although I'm pretty sure when the day comes that sex is no longer off limits, IT'S GONNA BE ON!
Kevin has been really great at keeping the romance alive. He knows me so well and what kind of things really speak to me. He has been bringing home "prizes" for me.Very thoughtful little prizes that really show that he knows me, listens to me, and loves me.
So here I am sitting in bed for like the bazillionth hour in a row while wearing the same pj's I had on the day before and in comes my husband from work or the store grinning from ear to ear with his hands behind his back telling me to pick a hand.
So far I've been given my favorite-ever candy bar, a bag of Freetos and bean dip (my horrible unhealthy weakness), a lottery ticket, a cool " days until the baby arrives countdown" that he actually made, Twizzlers..umm....are you seeing a junk food trend..?.....just to name a few.
These are the type of thoughtful gestures that tell and show someone that you really love them--when you go out of your way to choose things for someone else that you know they like...not necessarily things you like. This is the type of kind thought that shows this girl that she is loved by her hubs. And this helps me stay connected to Kevin through all of this. I know this may be a little of a stretch on saying this is keeping our intimacy alive, but it some way it is. And it's really special. I love my man. He's pretty freakin awesome. And the best part, He's all mine. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment