Side effect of Vicodine: constipation. I haven't pooped in a week. No matter how much Colace or Miralax..surely this has to be contributing to some of my discomfort. This is not the point of this blog, but a serious point to me made. It's now not unusual for Kevin to routinely ask about and follow my BM status. Hey, everyone knows, a lack of pooping is no bueno!
The day following the dramatic night in my labor and delivery room with all the pain and contractions, we were moved to a antepartum room. The exact room I was in when I was there for PTL. It immediately brought back bad memories, I did not want to get held here against my wishes. Kevin took the day off since neither one of us got to sleep until about 6am that morning.
We transitioned into the new room and got used to new faces, and some familiar ones, which was nice. I love Amisha. I hope she is our L&D nurse. When we go in for delivery I'll see if I can request her. We actually didn't have to wait too long before our sono with the peri, Dr. Payne, again, rolled around. Yea, for getting this done and having someone actually look at the baby! Excited!
The baby looked good and measured on track. He did say my amniotic fluid was high normal, which it has never been before....maybe the baby had just urinated or something. He said that we will need to have this measured weekly, and this can also be a sign of gestational diabetes. So he also recommends having a Glucose Tolerance Test done at 32 weeks. We'll see how it looks at next visit.
He measured my cervix in linear technique, as he likes to do, at a 2.4cm. So still consistent and stable! Sooo happy! The baby's approximate weight on Thursday at 29.6weeks was 2.14 oz. Growing away!
Dr. Payne asked me a lot of questions about all the different pains I have been feeling and he also took a long look around all over my abdomen with the sono probe. He actually saw that my gall bladder was swollen and he also saw a possible gall bladder stone. But he also admitted the wasn't a radiologist. So who knows who is correct. But hearing him say that did give some credence to the fact that for the last 8 weeks I've been having textbook gall bladder symptoms. It makes me feel a little less crazy hearing Dr. Payne say this.
All in all, no horrible news! :) We finished off the night with my mom coming to visit and bringing us in dinner. We all hung out for a few hours and chit chatted while my mom finished working on some baby shower invites in the room. She is so creative.
Kevin needed to make sure he got some good sleep for work the next day so he left with my mom about 11pm. I took vocidone and Ambien and had an okay night. There wasn't any screaming or pleading, but still pretty painful. Nights are the worst! But I survived.
The next day I was released by one of my OB's partners, as my OB headed out of town for the weekend. So, scripts in-hand, Kevin and I hit the road, and I was shortly back in bed..just at home. The pain does not seem to want to relent. It literally feels like every muscle in my back, side, abdomen, inner thigh, chest, ribs, hips are all strained or broken. They all produce sharp stabbing pains with every movement. I can barely catch a good breath and the skin on my abdomen will surely rip from my bones at second it is sooooo tight. So tight in fact that it feels hot to the touch and from my perspective it feels like my skin is sunburned. I just don't think my joints, bones,ligaments, skin, organs and anything else in there like being pregnant. By why all of the sudden? And will my body adjust? Surely this isn't my existence for the next two months. I can't stay on drugs that long! Especially not if they don't allow me to poop!! This in itself is painful!
OB appt. in two days--looking for a magic ball full of answers for the future. I pray healing, healing, healing! For both mine and Kevin's sakes. I just thought he was doing a lot for me before. Hahaha...now he literally has to lift me in and out of bed.
Positive note: I pushed through some major pain to get this done today, but our hospital bag and all applicable lists are finalized and ready to go for the big day. The birth plan, baby outfits are all washed in Dreft, nursing bra, fuzzy socks, hospital preregistration, birthing music, phone tree, etc, it's all packed. Big accomplishment!
Another highlight of the day, I took a bath. aahhhh...amazing. I haven't been able to sleep in any other position other than on my back because when I rotate to a side it pulls too many muscles and hurts too much, even with support pillows. But I got in the bath tub, submerged myself all the way in and I was able to rotate and rest on all sides without even a hint of pain! Oh glorious!! It felt soo good my eyes were literally rolling back in my head and I wanted to fall right asleep right there. Too bad I actually needed to clean my oily, gross hair.
Sorry you are feeling so yucky. The end is in sight though, hang in there! You are doing a great job of keeping your baby growing! I love baths, they are always so amazing and relaxing!
ReplyDelete