Friday, January 6, 2012

Birthing/Lactation/Baby Basics Class....CHECK!

I think I have mentioned this before, but we had a small change of plans with our scheduled birth/lactation/baby basics classes. Since the doc nixed us going to the group class as planned, we contacted the instructor and planned for her to come to our house and give us a one-on-one class.

Well we had this class this evening. This was after she dropped off tons of reading material and DVDs last week for us to go over in preparation for our meeting today.  It was three full hours full of lots of great info. We covered eeeeeverything there is to know about breast bumps, how we need to breathe during labor, how Kevin needs to massage me, how to properly swaddle a baby...and the best part..I had a breast assessment in our living room.

Dumb me, I was not expecting this! It totally through me off guard when she asked to take a look at my nipples. LOL Apparently all my parts look normal and she sees no reason I should have difficulty breastfeeding. Yea! Although I found the whole thing a little odd. Maybe it was the fact that I was sitting in my living room with my left boob hanging out with a stranger sitting beside me showing me how to hold my nipple while I pretend breastfed a fake baby. Oh, and while my husband watched.

Glad we had the class. One more thing checked off the list! Yea! I do feel more prepared.

Have I mentioned lately that my back is kiiiilling me? Or that I'm obviously losing muscle mass in my legs? Or that I have horrible muscle aches in my legs that keep me up at night? Dang bed rest! UHG!

No comments:

Post a Comment