So this bed rest thing may have its perks.
My Mom came into town a couple of days ago to stay with us for a couple of weeks to help both Kevin and I out while I'm on bed rest. I have to say, it sure is lovely. And I'm happy it's giving Kevin a small break from his servanthood. I'm lovin this being taken of by two people. :)
I awoke this morning to my Mom dusting the living room. She then moved to vacuuming the entire house and scrubbing the kitchen sink with Comet. Tomorrow, she informed me, she will be cleaning the bathrooms and walking all the dogs. After she completed all of her "chores" around the house today she headed out to the grocery store. She bought plenty to make awesome homemade meals every night. On the menu for tonight: Broiled lamb, black eyed peas over white rice with cilantro and corn bread. Yum! Yum! Yum! I love me some lamb and anything with cilantro!
So I have to say, I think this is working out really nice for me! I get waited on, my house gets cleaned, I get awesome home-cooked meals, our dogs get taken care of, and I have someone here with me during the day to keep me company. Umm..I'm thinking this bed rest thing may end up working out just fine..yes, juuust fine...:)
Kevin and I are very grateful my Mom is here. It is such a big, big help and we are very blessed that she is able to be spending this time with us. I love getting to visit! It really is so nice.
No comments:
Post a Comment