Do you know what irritates me...well, I should say, do you know what is irritating me this second, because we all know a lot irritates me.
Women who are pregnant for like a second and " are having soo many pregnancy symptoms!" Seriously? I'm referring to women who claim to have blue veins all over their boobs or who have leaking boobs at like 5 or six weeks pregnant. Or those who say things like, " I think I'm already showing at 8 weeks" or " wow, I can smell everything!" or " I can't stop craving things.."
Please. I didn't have any of these other than having sore boobs from progesterone, which every woman is exposed to at every ovulatory cycle she has, until I was well into my pregnancy. Almost all of the "classic" pregnancy symptoms are caused from some hormonal change, and it takes some time to reach these peak hormones levels and to have an induction of full blown pregnancy symptoms.
For the record, blue veins in the boobs and chest is caused by vasodilation from high estrogen. I had sky high estrogen AND was on supplemental estrogen through out my entire first trimester and never saw these lovely blue veins until I was well into my second trimester. I know, I know, every pregnant women is different and one can't classify any pregnancy as "normal" or truly textbook with regard to symptoms. However, I find these types of declarations from newly pregnant woman highly obnoxious. We all know that women have powerful minds, which become even more powerful when we really want something to be true or are really excited that we're finally pregnant, but, please, stop chronicling your over the top symptoms to everyone else. It's annoying to those like me who think you're just making stuff up to get attention. It's especially annoying to "infertile" women like me who aren't currently pregnant.
Okay..rant complete.
No comments:
Post a Comment