Now that I'm home from my hospital experience, I know how quickly our situation can change. I could be placed back into the hospital for extended hospital bed rest at any time or even deliver at any moment. That's the thing about preterm labor and an incompetent cervix, both are dynamic and fast changing.
With that said, I came home with even more fervor to get things accomplished. I hated the feeling of being rushed to the hospital from a regular OB appointment only to be stuck in a hospital bed suffering with angst over all that still needed to be accomplished.
Once I came home, it was on...just from the bed and the laptop instead of me trekking all over town. I went through all of my to-do lists, organized them and divided out tasks and started getting things checked off.
The nursery is now complete. We just got the last item in the mail today, our crib skirt. I've cancelled our hospital tour after getting in touch with the person in charge of the labor and delivery tours and having an "over the phone tour" to ask my final questions. Luckily, my recent hospital stay answered most of my questions.
We've completed our birthing/lactation classes.
We've completed our registry(S)
The baby shower invites are being worked on this week and will be mailed out by the end of the month.
Maternity photos are scheduled, which will likely be at our home or the photographers home..or outside like we originally planned if we're stable and still pregnant by the time our first choice photo session rolls around in mid-February.
I have ordered some things to help prepare our dogs for having a newborn in the house
I've called and asked how long we have to add the baby to our insurance--30 days
We've made a decision on cord blood banking--we're not going to do it
We've made a pediatrician selection
We've ordered, printed, and filled out multiple "legal" documents to have notarized, which we will do after I make it to 32 weeks
I've ordered a fun T Shirt for Kevin to wear the day we deliver
I've completed a list of friends and family that will need to be notified once we go into labor to have packed in our hospital bag
The last thing I'm still working on is buying items for our hospital bag, i.e, nursing bra, a robe, pjs, baby outfits, etc. I will work on getting these final items ordered over the weekend and next week so we can get everything packed up!
I love progress.
No comments:
Post a Comment