Sunday, January 1, 2012

Movin to Plan B

I have talked many times about all the preparations I have made in order to prepare for Baby Wicker. I have also talked about how upsetting I find it that with this whole bed rest fiasco those plans, or at least the original version of them, will most likely will be out the window.

Well, it's happening. Plan B is now taking affect. Kevin and I had planned on taking birthing, lactation, and a baby basics classes the first and third Saturdays in January. Well, my OB nixed this plan and gave us a firm "no" to joining in these classes as planned, so we had to come up with an alternative plan.  I contacted the lady who teaches these classes and we now are taking private in-home classes from her. She came to our house earlier this week and dropped off tons of study material and videos for us to watch and she will return later this week for a few hours to give us a one-on-one class in our home. This plan B doesn't sound nearly as fun as my plan A.

I was really looking forward to the group setting. Not only that, but we were planning on taking these classes with some couple friends of ours who are one week ahead of us in their pregnancy. And so it's happening---my vision for this pregnancy is fading and lots of "plan B's" are taking its place. This makes me sad. Really sad. I guess it was pretty naive of me to think that once we finally got pregnant I could put myself into the "normal" group and things would be the same for us as they are for the majority of pregnant women. I hate it when wishful thinking doesn't work out.

But on a fun note, in our reading material it did teach us how to properly swaddle a baby. Kevin disappeared only to return with a stuffed semi- baby doll thing that we have in the baby's room and a receiving blanket and a Swaddler. He came and sat beside the bed where I'm laying and practiced swaddling so we could learn how to do it.  I see why babies like to be swaddled, it looks super cozy!

No comments:

Post a Comment