Well, another week is down and I'm movin through week 29. Yea! So glad to be here. This means that goal number one is knocked out! Our goals are weeks 28, 30, 32,34, and then 37. One down, four more goals to go!
I'm absolutely lovin having my mom here in town with us. She is helping out so much and we are having so much fun! Of course, I still haven't left the house, but it's so nice to have someone here with me all day to catch up with and to take care of me. It's a little crazy in our small house with our four dogs and my mom's one dog, but that's okay. She's planning on staying this entire week and leaving this weekend making her visit a full ten days. :)
My Mom's dog is a petite pomeranian named Dallas. Little Dallas cracks me up. She is one spoiled little lady. She gets hand fed---full meals from restaurants because she refuses dog food, she gets to sit on top of our dining room table to watch my Mom while she works on the baby shower invites, or she gets to sit in her own dining room chair, and she gets full body massages. Hahahaha! This is one loved little gal! And I thought my dogs are spoiled! Well, they are.
My mom is a great scrapbooker and has insisted on custom hand making my baby shower invites, which she is working on while she is here. They are soo creative and look fabulous! I am soo excited about them! How kind of her to put sooo much time, energy, and expense into our invites!
I officially have no pants to wear except for one pair of velour casual pants and one pair of sleep pants. I certainly can't wear these to my doc appts. My mom is headed out to Motherhood Maternity tomorrow to grab me some jeans. Soo wish I could go out and shop! Badly!
I'm feeling very connected to the baby--more than ever. I love our Bean so much. My contractions are still stable, which is good. I'm hoping my cervix is continuing to hang on and the vaginal progesterone is helping keep the length stable. But I do have a "new" symptom, well, a symptom that I just realized is really something to be concerned about, but I always blew it off and never mentioned it to my OB. For the last 6-8 weeks I have been having severe back pain in the same exact location, right under my right shoulder blade. I've also been having severe pain under my right rib cage. Both are very painful. In the evenings both of these are very prominent and also come along with a lot of very painful bloating, and it feels like my skin is literally about to stretch off my bones. It's far worse than 'I just over ate bloating'. Although the back pain is usually with me all day unless I lay down.
Well, come to find out these are textbook gallbladder stone symptoms. What the heck! Gallbladder issues can be pregnancy induced due to high levels of progesterone and estrogen. From what I've read, there is no way to get rid of the stones and once they are in the gallbladder they will always be an issue, which can become serious. Most pregnant women who find they are having gallbladder issues during pregnancy maintenance their gallbladder colic through pain meds and a low fat diet until they deliver and then after delivery they often have to have their gallbladder removed. Uhg. Possibly the third lap surgery in about a year. At this point, it's not shocking.
I plan to call my OB about this in the morning to give her a heads up so she can address this at my appointment on Wednesday. I'm praying it will all be nothing and no stones will be found on ultrasound, which will be the first step in figuring out if it really is a gallbladder issue. So I'll update on Wednesday once I know more. ..
Oh Lord, no more issues, please.
It sounds like you have had quite an eventful pregnancy...I'm hoping there are no more issues for you too! Just wanted to say HI and let you know that I am your newest follower. Can't wait to hear how your Dr. appointment goes. That's so awesome your mom is around to help, her dog sounds hilarious! I would love to be hand fed food from restaurants! Lol
ReplyDelete