Today my Mom went out on a maternity clothes hunt for me while I stayed in the supine position on the couch. She came back with two pair of much needed jeans and some super cute tops and a great little casual wear set. She did a great job picking out awesome stuff for me. But she knows the kind of stuff I like, so not too surprising.
Well, as expected, the jeans were both too long on me, like all pants are. Being 5' 2", I fall in this really horribly awkward gray area when it comes to any type of pant. All of the 'regulars' are too long and the 'shorts' are far too short. This means that virtually every pair of pants I buy I have to have hemmed. Don't love this.
Well, it's no exception with my new maternity jeans. BTW, for the record: I can't even believe I have maternity pants hanging in my closet! I looove it! I mean, I really have maternity pants hanging in my closet and I didn't just buy them as part of some weird obsession with being pregnant like I totally would have done a year ago--even though I wasn't even pregnant--just so I could stare at them and drool. I'm actually pregnant and need them! It's amazing. Does everyone love being pregnant this much?!
Anyway, I asked for a sewing machine for Christmas for this reason. I'm tired of spending a RIDICULOUS amount of money on tailoring and alterations, so I at least want to learn how to hem my own pants for now. BUT, by the time Christmas rolled around I was already on strict bed rest; therefore, I have not had the opportunity to get the sewing machine out and learn how to use it, which I'm very eager to do...I think...
I say 'I think' because my fab husband, who may have his man card revoked after this post is published, pulled the sewing machine out of the box this evening and read all of the directions, set it all up, and started practice hemming on an old pair of jeans so he can hem my jeans for me. Lets all say, "AWWW" together now. But for real, he gets double hubby points for this. It looked like he went through quite the struggle to understand the directions and get it all set up and ready to sew. This is why I say ' I think' I'm ready to learn how to operate this little piece of machinery. Now it looks ultra daunting.
The highlight of the evening: having my dear, precious hubby not be afraid to be adventurous and learn how to use a sewing machine even if it is " unmanly"...all for me. Now these are the types of acts of service that speak to my heart. ...And we got pictures..making this cool moment even cooler. I think I see a blackmail picture in his future.
He is still in the 'practicing' mode of learning how to hem. But we'll see how all goes before I pass off the brand new pair of jeans. Kinda scared, I have to admit. :) Either way, this was a very fun and super sweet moment. Loved it.
How funny!! You will have to write that story down for your baby book!
ReplyDelete