Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Year's Eve 2012

I'm sure it's no surprise that Kevin and I stayed in this New Year's Eve seeing as I'm on bed rest. We are slightly lame and don't always go out and celebrate, but, of course, when you can't do something it makes you really want to do it, right.

We had a very uneventful day with lots of lounging and laying around, as expected. Kevin bought me some Welch's Sparkling White Grape Juice for our 12'o clock toast and annual New Year's Eve picture.

Sadly, by the time midnight rolled around I was feeling really sick and in a lot of pain. My lower back was on fire and I was having a lot of lower belly cramps, which really had me worried, so I wasn't really focused on New Year's Eve to tell you the truth. I have never felt anything like this before since being in preterm labor.

So needless to say this New Year's Eve wasn't exactly exciting. It pretty much consisted of me laying on the couch until 11:50pm at which point I go up and put on some lipstick, a presentable shirt and a pair of jeans, us watching the New York New Year's Eve celebration on TV, Kevin having a few beers, me being miserable with back and belly pains, and then us toasting our grape juice and taking a picture together at midnight. That was the whole of it.

After our mini celebration came and went, I was hurting so badly I promptly changed clothes, brushed my teeth and took off my makeup and plopped in bed. I eventually called Kevin into the bedroom to massage my lower back and then softly caress my belly because I was hurting so much. I was praying this was not anything bad. All I could think about was falling to sleep so I could sleep through it all and hopefully wake up and it would all be gone. Kevin rubbing me actually helped enough that I was able to fall asleep soon after. Thank goodness.


This was our exciting New Year's Eve!

The plan for New Year's Day: Kevin and I are sittin in bed together registering for our baby shower online. Not exactly what I had in mind... Our OB also nixed this rite of passage that most pregnant women enjoy. She wouldn't even consider letting us go to the store to register even if I was in a wheelchair. I'm screaming right now!! Can you hear me??!!I hate plan B. But I shouldn't because our plan B is actually God's plan A. My plan B was always God's plan A, I just didn't know it.

And we're reading through our baby class material.

Baby, baby, baby! It kinda feels like we're in a baby black hole. It's all we think about and everything we do revolves around the baby. Hmm..this can't be healthy...I wonder how to change this..

No comments:

Post a Comment