Okay, so if you're not feeling super touchy-feeling commentary today or if you think it may cause you to vomit hearing about cutsie husband and wife pregnancy moments, then skip this blog.
But for my own future reference I must chronicle my cute husband. So we had to run out to a few places last night, one of which was Target, and while I'm focusing on getting the items we went into the store for I keep having to pull down the cami that I was wearing underneath another shirt. I was too busy to realize what was happening but I knew that I kept having to reach under my top shirt and pull down my cami as it would migrate to the middle of my abdomen and bunch up: very annoying.
Anyway, so Kevin notices what is happening and exclaims, "it's because of your baby bump! Your undershirt won't stay over the bump!" Now, keep in mind, although Kevin and I don't display PDA very often, and if we do it's very minimal, we're still a freakishly close couple who share and do things together that most couples would find insane. So Kevin gladly takes over the dutiful role of shirt-puller-down-person. So for the rest of the evening anytime my shirt had again migrated and bunched in the middle of my abdomen Kevin was happily to the rescue and would reach under my outer shirt and pull down my cami all while I was still shopping. Just in case you are reading this and getting a visual that slightly disturbs you, if you know both Kevin and I, this should not strike you as odd at all. This is just another way that Kevin has decided to be involved in the pregnancy.
But before the cami discovery, Kevin wandered off at one point only to return with Bella Bands in every color. He had white, nude, and black. He was very excited about this find and was ready for us to buy all of them. If any of you are not familiar with the Bella Band it's a wide stretchy band that you can use to cover the lower part of your baby bump and the top of your pants so you can hide your belly bump should your shirt not be fully covering your bump and it also holds your pants up should you have to wear them unbuttoned for a while as you wait to transition into full maternity clothes. It actually has many uses, but this is what I would first use them for. Kevin is so ready to buy baby/maternity stuff and I keep holding him off. I'm BARELY showing and it's still too early to buy major baby stuff. We need to wait to see if my cervix is going to hold up, honestly. :(
The next time Kevin wandered off, after the cami incident, he came back with a cami made for pregnant women. He gladly explained that he had chosen a size small/medium for women who were a size 0-10 pre-pregnancy. It was just extra long and super stretchy. Again, he wanted to throw this into the cart as well, but I explained to him that I would need to hit up some maternity shops in the future, but for now I will would deal with what I had until I couldn't fit at all.
I think his picking out pregnancy items must have gotten him feeling really excited about the Wicker Bean because when we got home he spent time kissing all over my belly, telling me how sexy he thinks it is, as I heard, " I LOOOOOVE IT!!" more then once, and while he talked to our Bean.
He is going to be a fab Daddy! He is going to be super involved with the pregnancy, delivery, the baby and everything in between. What a true, true blessing for a wife and mom. I don't know if I'm more excited about me meeting Wicker Bean or getting to watch Kevin meet his son or daughter for the first time. My heart is just going to be overwhelmed with happiness when this day comes. What a precious, special, once in a lifetime moment. AAhhh, I can't wait!
No comments:
Post a Comment