Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Gift from Dad!

Kevin is soo excited about the baby and he is just chomping at the bit to go buy stuff for the baby. I have been telling him that we need to hold off at least until we have the baby's room fully cleaned out and ready to house baby things. It's almost done, but still not complete.

I think Kevin's yearning to go purchase something for the baby has been largely fueled by the fact that he is constantly online shopping for things we will need for the baby and adding things to our Wishpot. He seriously looks at things for the baby far more than I do! It's hilarious, super sweet, and ridiculously endearing all at once.  But I think I just keep telling myself one thing at a time, and right now, I'm focused on getting the house back in order and re-done before I delve into baby shopping. Because I know as soon as I get emerged into baby shopping I may never come back up for air, so all other things need to be off the agenda!

Well Kevin is soo ansy to get this shopping thing going that after work he went to Baby's R Us by himself..( he said that if he went alone he could take as long as he wanted and look at whatever he wanted without me there with my own agenda..). He looked at all kinds of things and came home really excited about glass baby bottles, as they are free from toxic chemicals found in plastics. I do kind of chuckle when I get a mental image of a lone young guy perusing through Baby's R Us and picking out sleepers. Too precious.

He also came home with three gender neutral soft, cuddly sleepers for the baby to wear in the hospital. He was very proud of his sleepers and was excited to show them off. He picked out some really cute ones, I was super proud of him! However, when I asked him if he had a good time picking them out he said he actually found it a little stressful because there was not a lot of gender neutral ones to chose from. But, nonetheless, he did a fabulous job and I'm really proud to be married to such a sweet man. I know he will be the most precious Dad and I can barely wait to see it!!

Here are his prize purchases:

                  How fitting for our household. Kelsey is already interested in all that is baby. She was trying to take it down so she could run off with it. Remember, she's the problem child. :)
                                                                 I do love this one!
                                                    There is a big frog face on the butt!

No comments:

Post a Comment