Things may be looking up. Maybe all I needed was to get out, get my hair done, love the way the stylist did my hair, have some excellent conversation, run some errands and produce some productivity....oh, and sit here and enjoy the highlight of every evening, sipping on my cup of green tea
(decaf, of course) sweetened with the ever tasty Stevia.
Either way, today I felt like I had a new perspective on the whole cervix thing. Of course, I know it's still something that has to be followed and it still remains something that could make or break this pregnancy, but I can't change any of that. It sucks, yes, but the only thing I can change is my perspective and attitude. I'm not sure how long this " new perspective" will last, but at least for today I was in a good place. And I'm thankful for that.
I been feeling really great physically lately. Although I was never really ill with morning sickness or out of commission in the first trimester, but I was tired a lot. But as of late I have been feeling great, feeling really pretty, enjoying some awesome energy, but I do find that at about four o'clock every day I need a nap. I always feel pooped around that time no matter what I do during the day. This isn't really related, but I've noticed that by the end of everyday I'm super bloated. No matter how much water I drink, how regular I am, or what I eat, it seems I retain a lot of something in my abdomen area. It's the weirdest thing. So by the end of the day I look like I have a beautiful baby bump, but by morning it has left me and I always feel sad when I see that it wasn't real.
I"m hoping that Baby Wicker Bean is doing well, is well attached and is ready to do whatever it takes to hold on for the long haul. I'm in love with Baby Wicker and I sure hope it's safe to get attached and put my whole heart into this pregnancy. I sure want that more than anything.
On a side note, I was watching a show today on A&E or some similar channel about how a Judas Gospel really exists and was never included in the Bible. Anyway, this show was detailing Jesus' relationship with Judas and showing how Judas was really not the villain that some of the other Gospels portray him to be. He actually was heartbroken when he learned of Jesus' capture and ultimate death. So much so that his sadness caused him to commit suicide. Although I really liked the show, ultimately I was thinking about the God that I serve. I was thinking about the God that hears my prayers and the God that is above all things. I was also thinking about how different times are now opposed to how they were in Jesus' time. In some weird way, minus being stoned to death or nailed to a post for wrong doings, I would have loved to have known Jesus in the physical during that time. The gravity and enormity of what Jesus has done for the Earth is just awe-inspiring and I find it incredibly moving. Anyhow, as I was thinking about the differences between now and then I was reminded that although the times have drastically changed our God and Jesus has not changed. The same Jesus that was written about in the Bible and the same Jesus that was being depicted on this show is the same Jesus that I serve today. This was amazingly comforting and such a sweet reminder from God.
Oh, on a totally different note, I have also completed all of my research on the different types of circumcision available so I'm privy on what method we prefer should we have a boy, made a decision not to have Baby Wicker vaccinated in the hospital with the Hep B vaccine, and also got some awesome local pediatrician recommendations so I can start interviewing shortly. Just in case I do have to go on bed rest at some point, I'll need to have completed interviewing and choosing a pediatrician.
I'm feeling pretty good today. Hope this new perspective means things really are looking up!
No comments:
Post a Comment