Yep, baby shower stuff already! I have been amazed at how far in advance things you want or need to do while pregnant book up. Everything from birthing classes, to hospital tours, and photographer's schedules, to venues..they all book up well in advance! Thank goodness I am a natural planner and I happened to stumble upon this not very well known fact.
So today we worked out a baby shower date. I have to admit, I'm not loving when I'll be delivering. Primarily because all the months that you want to be doing all the fun stuff prior to the baby's arrival we will be battling nasty, frigid weather and unpredictable ice and snow storms. UHG! This makes it very difficult to plan maternity photos and plan a baby shower. Not to mention who wants to receive a baby shower invite right before Christmas much less come to one right after their checking accounts have just been bled to death. Not at all that we expect gifts, but the fact of the matter is that most do like to bring one.
My due date is officially March 30, 2012. However February is totally out in my mind for planning a baby shower as we get some of our most volatile weather this month. And there will be people driving and flying in from out of town for this shower so I don't think February is a good idea. It would just crush me to have it delayed at the last minute. On the other hand, January is a smidge too early, I may not be big pregnant yet given my current trend, it's right after Christmas, and it's also a month that gets a lot of freezing weather. Then you look at March. It's a smidge too late, as it's the month the baby is due, but it offers a break for people to heal from Christmas, and there is very rarely any freezing temps, at least according to the weather almanac, during this month. Hmm..what to do, what to do...
Well, we have chosen to go with March. I have to admit I did want more time in between the shower and the birth, but working around Christmas and crappy weather is looking a little challenging. If you're wondering why we are choosing a date so early to begin with, there are a few reasons. First, my shower will be hosted by my sister and my mother. My mother is temporarily living in Colorado, but permanently lives in Houston, and my sister lives about 30 miles from our house. Both of these locations are out as possible shower locations due to how far they are from us and our friends. Lastly, our house is way too small to host a party. Soo...we are having to book a small venue. Thank goodness I started brainstorming and calling places today, the location we chose is booked all the way through February 2012! Holy Cow! So we are now booked for March 2012. Whooo hooo!
My Momma has some really cute ideas for our gender neutral shower, I can't wait to see how it turns out!
No comments:
Post a Comment