Sunday, December 4, 2011

Busy Weekend: House Project and Baby Room Update

This weekend was a busy one. We're back to it again. :) I'm sad to report I haven't left the house ALL weekend long. OMG, I have to get out. But going out for dinner is on the agenda for this evening, thank goodness. But, all this time cooped up has allowed me to productive because if it wasn't for things to do, given the dreary, cold, rainy weather we have had, I think I would have spent the entire weekend on the couch.

While Kevin and a buddy went to a Dallas Stars game on Saturday, I made a lot of progress on the baby's room. Originally Kevin and I were planning on going to the game together, but since I declined getting the flu shot, I'm working diligently at avoiding large crowds, and Kevin hasn't had a guys night in a while. So I think it worked out perfectly.

 My back is killing me after sitting on the floor for 5 hours straight staying hunched over, but I think it was well worth it. I got a lot of stuff up on the walls and changed a few minor things around. So as of now, we are only missing one more item that will hang on the wall, but it should be here shortly assuming the mail delivery service doesn't delay too much given the holiday. Although I don't put it past me one bit to continue to add odds and ends to the walls as our due date gets closer. I'm constantly brainstorming and Pinterest will be the death of me!

But here are a few updated pics:


I love markers for chalkboards!!

Chinese paper lanterns, minus the bulb and wires, will comprise the baby's mobile, which will hang from the ceiling. We will work on getting this up soon.

Update: The mobile is up!


It turned out just like I had hoped. I made this by using 4" multi-colored paper lanterns, white sewing string, and a 10" wooden embroidery hoop with the outer hoop and clamp removed, and a white rotating hook to screw into the ceiling.



This glider actually belongs in the living room, but is visiting the baby room until the Christmas tree goes back up to the attic. But a chair will eventually go there.

This is the "infertility" section. As you can see the tack board is missing some items that I either need to get/find or those that haven't happened yet, e.g., final sono pics and pics of me when I'm big pregnant.



This was the back breaking project. The tree trunk was made with bulletin board paper and all of the circles with scrapbook sheets and stencils.
A "Worth the Wait" wall decal will scroll across the top of the crib once it gets here

It's taking shape! I still have a list of items that I need to get to tie things together, but at least some of the basics are done. Decorating the nursery is hard work, maybe because I'm making and/or putting together a lot of it,  but it's soo much fun! I can't wait to get actual baby stuff and supplies in there! And our baby for that matter!

Kevin also had a busy weekend. He built shelves in the garage. I know, I can't believe we didn't have any with as much stuff as we have, but it has been a project that has literally been on the agenda for years. I think he is nesting in his own little way, as he was randomly adamant about getting them done--like this weekend.

I should have taken pics BEFORE the cars were pulled in, but you get the jist. He will add doors later, but at least we have ample space for our garage items and things look far more organized. Way to go, Kevin! I think he did a great job.




I am way looking forward to getting out of the house today, so I'm signing off, so I can go put my face on so I'm presentable for the general public. Until next time..

No comments:

Post a Comment