Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas Day

Being on bed rest over Christmas is not exactly exciting, but I do think it's helping my contractions. Some hours I will have 4 or so an hour, typically when there is a lot of stimulation, but then other times I may have only a few a day. My doc told me that she was good with 4 or less an hour. I've always been conscious about my water intake, but I'm super aware of it now. Staying really hydrated is supposed to help with contractions.  I don't think I'm necessarily drinking more water than I was before, I'm still drinking anywhere from 90-120 ounces a day, but I do feel super thirsty all the time. Maybe it's the Procardia.

As I sit here blogging while I'm sprawled out on the couch I can see my belly moving all over the place from the vigorous kicking and punching from our Bean which makes missing the holiday worth it, although I admit it's DIFFICULT to stay laying down. There are sooo many things I want and need to do! It's driving me insane. But Kevin is open to doing most of them for me, and no to-do task is worth the health of our baby.

So Christmas was a little sad. Kevin and I slept in until 10:00am! Kevin and I weren't planning on exchanging gifts, so we didn't have anything to do between us this morning as far as a formal Christmas.  We originally had plans with family today, but, of course, those plans went out the window with the latest events. Super bummed to be missing out on all of those activities and I'm really missing family. BUT, again, I have an awesome hubby that I got to spend the day with and everything we're going through is all for a a greater, sweeter purpose.

For the majority of the day I sat in bed getting caught up on things that I could do from my lap. I wrote a thank you note, went through a pile of paperwork that has been needing some attention, went over our baby shower address list, and handled some other miscellaneous admin items. It felt good to be productive even if it was from my bed while in my pj's. Kevin took care of all the things I couldn't do such as vacuuming, cleaning up the bathroom a bit, doing laundry, organizing the baby's room some and putting away all of our new baby items---all while bringing me whatever I needed to do my admin work and making sure I had plenty of water, food, and all my meds were given on time. :)

 Kevin's Dad and Step-Mom came over to see us tonight. It sure was a nice visit!  I don't think I realized how bored we must have been, as I was really excited to have people over. We are very thankful they rearranged some of their day to make the very out of the way drive to see us.  We chatted for a couple of hours in the living room while I stayed firmly planted on the couch. I was really glad that we did not go through the entire day of Christmas and not get to see some family and connect.

This holiday season will definitely be a year to remember. There has been a lot of change and a lot to contemplate in a very short period of time, so I think I still may be sitting in the 'I'm really overwhelmed' stage, but it is my sincerest prayer that we are doing everything we are doing to ensure that next Christmas we are carrying our precious baby on the hip to Christmas celebrations.

Today is a very special day to us. How fitting that we are going through this in the midst of Christmas. Christ embodies endurance, sacrifice, love, and thankfulness and it is with this spirit that we spent our Christmas today. I know God has a divine plan for Kevin and I and our baby. We are told that we may not know His plan, but to trust that it is good. I know that we may have to plow some more difficult pastures, but we will find an abundance of fruit in the end.  Our God is honorable and there is always a light at the end of the tunnel, although the pathway to finding it is not always pretty. You don't have to fake it, just faith it. He will pull you through----and bigger and better than before.

No comments:

Post a Comment