Sunday, December 25, 2011

Christmas Eve

My parents made their way into town and were making their rounds seeing all of us kids for Christmas this year. Given my current situation, this year's plan of not having to do any traveling and having my parents come to us really worked out well. It was on the books that my parents would come do Christmas with Kevin and I at our house on Christmas Even afternoon/evening.

We had a really great time. We visited, I laid on the couch, since I couldn't cook as planned or even get to the grocery store to pick up dinner items, we picked up fajitas for dinner, we played cards, my Mom and Kevin danced together in the living room and sang Christmas carols, and we celebrated Christmas together. It was soo much fun!

My parents really blessed us. We were really excited to get some baby items for the Bean in advance, and we got two awesome baby gifts! My parents got us the Pack N Play we had chosen and the coveted bouncer we wanted for the baby. How exciting!! Everyone wanted to see the items all set up, so Kevin and my step-dad put them both together. I love them! It definitely makes things even more real to have these things set up along side our car seat and stroller in the baby room.

My mom also surprised me with a sewing machine. I had just recently mentioned to Kevin that I would like to have a sewing machine, as there are some things I want to learn to sew. This was a great surprise! Can't wait to learn to use it and get going!

We had a really great time and it was really nice to be able to spend Christmas Eve with family. I will see my Mom again in a couple of weeks when she comes back up here to stay with us for awhile to help Kevin take care of me. I think it's going to be scrap booking central! I think our semi-goal is to have her here until I reach 30 weeks, which is one of the milestones that we would really like to make it to.

I'm feeling sad that we are having to miss this Christmas with so many. It really is bitter sweet. But it's all with the hope that we are setting ourselves up to be carrying around our happy, healthy baby next Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment