Wednesday, December 14, 2011

May I Touch It?

Hhmm...okay, I think it's a little weird, so I'm thinking not, so back away from the belly.....immediately!  This is what first came to my mind when a stranger asked to touch my belly today. This is a first for me. I have not yet experienced this odd rite of passage for pregnant women. But, of course, I didn't say this to the woman who asked to touch my belly. Instead I gave her a polite 'okay' and she oohhed and ahhhed and rubbed and patted until her heart content. It's crazy to think that just six months ago if this woman would have asked me the same thing it would have been quite the no-no. But now that I'm growing a human inside my body it somehow makes this request totally within the realm of normal human behavior. Hmm...very interesting. But, on the bright side, it didn't eeek me out one bit to have some strange woman molest my belly. Maybe that's the truly interesting thing about this odd dynamic. So I don't think I'm going to be one of those who gets weirded out when strangers reach out and cop a quick feel ...of the belly, of course. With my level of modesty..or lack thereof, this should come as no surprise.

No comments:

Post a Comment