Wednesday, December 14, 2011

The Baby Whisperer

So Kevin is apparently The Wicker Bean Wisperer. I'm still sticking to my story that the baby does Zumba in my belly pretty much non stop these days, which one would think is perfect for allowing Dad to be involved in the action. Every single time the baby is in a good dancing rhythm I call Kevin over to have a feel and the baby stops dancing..every single time. Seriously. It's very frustrating. I'm wondering if Kevin thinks I'm lying about how much the baby moves. Plus, I want Kevin to be able to get in on the action that's going down between me and the Bean. But most days, we have no such luck. As soon as Kevin lays his hand on my belly the baby stops doing cannon balls off the diving board ( this is my other analogy to describe how some of the movements feel).

So I've come to wonder if Kevin has a calming effect on the baby. It's now a joke between us.  Is it really possible the baby knows that his/her Dad is merely a couple of inches from them when Kevin's hand is on my belly? Surely not, right. I think maybe Kevin has scared the baby into some weird form of submission. Kevin likes to talk to the baby, but for some reason Kevin can't seem to talk to the baby in a normal voice. He has to talk really loudly, slowly and kind of distorted. It's like when people who don't have a clue about social awareness and they speak to someone who is deaf or blind. There is really no need to talk that slowly or loudly people. I wonder if Kevin is scaring the Bean with his scary manipulated voice. Hahaha. Just kidding. Just kidding.

Anyway, we shall put this whole "bean whisperer" thing to the test in about three months. I know the first person I'm handing off our inconsolable baby to at 3am. Kevin, the baby whisperer. Sounds like a perfect fit to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment