I've come to terms with the fact that I'm literally growing a parasitic alien inside my body. But, of course, I'm okay with harboring a strange being in my body for now because I love this little alien.
Kevin has now joined me in being able to experience the movement of our Bean. The baby has been very active lately---even at 3 am when I have to get up for my third potty break of the night!-- and I can even feel his/her movements when I'm doing things other than just sitting still. In the beginning the only time I could feel the baby's movement was if I was very still and quiet. But I think we're making progress. I was blessed with a sweet ironic moment as we were interviewing another pediatrician yesterday. As the doc was talking away all I could concentrate on was our baby doing zumba in my belly.
Anywho, back to Kevin joining the ranks---every night as we both lay in the dark and wait to pass out I have been asking Kevin to keep his hand on my belly. I figured this was the best time to get Kevin to be still without thoughts of what to do next so he could focus solely on feeling the baby move. So he lays his hand on my belly that has been freshly slathered with lots Jojoba oil---LOL--and waits. So at one day shy of 23 weeks, he felt the Bean move a few times!
One of the kicks..or punches..that he felt was a big one for the baby, but Kevin said it felt very small to him on the outside. Dang anterior placenta. I guess this means the baby will literally have to be assaulting me on the inside in order for the baby's movements to be easily recognized and felt by Kevin. Yea, bring on being beaten from the inside, I guess. Sounds fantastic.
Nonetheless, Kevin was really excited to feel the baby as I was! I can't wait for him to be able to see our little alien move my belly all over the place. I think it's the coolest thing ever to watch!
Goood times! Lovin' being pregnant--minus having to take literally three to four pee breaks every single night despite not drinking fluids before bed and pottying right before I crawl into bed. Not loving this, or the nose bleeds. I can only imagine it will get much worse as I get bigger. Can March get here any faster?!
No comments:
Post a Comment