I think it's finally time to start giving some real thought to how we would like to design our baby's nursery. I have been kinda avoiding " going there" at least until we made it to our 20 week mark. This is partly because I have a all-or-nothing personality. This means if I would have started giving some real thought to the baby's nursery when I was 13 weeks along, then at 13 weeks along I would have wanted to do it all the way. I didn't want to be quite that preemptive, so I forced myself to hold off until this point.
But, that point has now arrived! And I had a fun-filled evening of researching nursery ideas, choosing colors, and jotting down all the must-haves. Kevin I walked into the baby's room and talked about all the items we would be needing for the room and planned out where each item would find its resting spot. It makes me want to do it all tonight! Hahaha..See...
Of course, I'm totally biased, but I think we have some great ideas and the room will be perfectly cozy and appropriate for our little boy or girl bean.
The very last item on the agenda that has to take place before we can begin purchasing baby furniture items is taking place tomorrow morning. We have a 'donate' pile sitting in the baby room that has been waiting there for the last few weeks after our huge clean-out of the baby room. I prefer to give all of our old stuff to Operation Kindness, a local no-kill animal shelter who runs a enterprise store to help bring in profits. They will come to your home every so often and pick up all your unwanted items, but it doesn't happen that they are in your area super often, so I've had to wait until they were in our area, and that day is tomorrow! Yea!
Once these items are out of the room, the room will be free for us to make into our sweet Bean's room. Talk about things feeling real! We have decided the first item that we need to place in the room is the crib. This will give us a better idea just how much space it will consume in the room so we can then purchase other size appropriate items. So this weekend it is on the agenda for us to go crib shopping. Whoo Hoo!
I think I have a very good vision of what I would like to see in the nursery, I sure hope I can find all of my ideas and it all comes together and looks fab. But there are just so many awesome ideas for a nursery to choose from! It's gonna be so much fun!
Oh and new cravings: pickled okra. I think this one totally tells you I was born and raised in the South. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment