Today was our sweet Eli's third birthday! He is our youngest fur child and the one who strangely resembles an Ewok from Star Wars. I know, I know, it's ridiculously odd but Kevin and I sang happy birthday to him today and I made him dessert as his 'birthday cake'.
I made him Fish Fudgies. They are chewy bars made with any canned fish or chicken and eggs and a few other ingredients for his dessert. I cut him a relatively big piece and we lit three votives and placed them around this plate on the floor (I couldn't find our birthday candles. LOL) and we took some pictures of him, well took some pictures of me forcing him to sit beside his birthday treat. He wanted no part of birthday pictures seeing as there was a big pile of fishy-smelling goodness sitting next to him on the floor.
This was the best we could get as far as pictures. Eli was waaay more interested in what was on the plate beside him rather than posing for pictures!
Kevin pretty much thought the whole thing was ridiculous, but I still loved it! We shared the 'birthday cake' with the other dogs and I don't think any of the dogs actually chewed their dessert--we saw a whole lot of forcing down large, whole chunks.
It was a sweet memory. I love loving my sweet kids. I know Eli doesn't equate having Fish Fudgies to me loving him, but that's okay, I do. And I think he's pretty certain he's uber loved.
No comments:
Post a Comment