Please forgive me for my lack of recent blogging, but we have been b-u-s-y! But I do have some cool stuff to update you on. Earlier this week I was at the Toyota dealership getting Penny the Prius serviced. Jay, the service technician who would be seeing to it that Penny got taken care of, promptly introduced himself and then uttered the most beautiful words I think I have ever heard in my life! He quickly asked, " So how far along are you? Or did you just have a baby?" Okay, two things: 1. Only a man would dare say this to a woman who apparently is not totally obviously showing and 2. Given his question about whether or not I had just given birth, I'm not showing a whole lot, but you can certainly tell something is going on with the belly. A woman would have never asked another woman these questions. Ever. Woman to woman, you have to be absolutely FOR SURE someone is pregnant before you ask them if they are. So this means I often look like the idiot asking a 9 month pregnant woman if she's pregnant. But it's just too risky to ask much earlier. At least to me.
Nonetheless, I could have kissed the man! Seriously! Jay at the Toyota dealership will never be forgotten as the very first stranger EVER to ask me the question I have longed to hear for the last two years. I love this man. He made my day.
So at 20 weeks pregnant, I guess it's safe to say that I'm showing at least enough for a perceptive person to notice. THIS IS BIG NEWS!
Oh, other big news this week: my olfactory senses have betrayed me. Or maybe they just have super powers. I can smell EVERYTHING! I just thought my sense of smell was out of this world before, but now I can barely drive down the road or walk in a parking lot because all I can smell is the toxic fumes pouring from every one's exhaust. It's so strong, I literally feel like with each breath I'm giving my child an extra big toe with all the chemicals I'm breathing in. And don't get me started on cigarette smoke. I can sniff out a lit cigarette from across the parking lot which then causes me to literally run to get to where I'm going to avoid having to breathe it in.
Kevin is astonished by all the things I can smell and even taste. I can no longer use Italian seasoning when I cook because the flavor has become way too overwhelming. I've even tried using just a pinch, but when I taste the food, it's all I can taste. Yuck! So it's banned for the next four months.
But I kinda like the idea of having a super power. I guess that means I'm somewhat of a super hero now.
No comments:
Post a Comment