Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

Kevin and I had a great Thanksgiving. We did not do any traveling, which means there was no visiting with any of my family, but that's okay. I thoroughly enjoyed getting to see a lot of Kevin's family today! It made for a very relaxing day, which was perfect.

Kevin and I talked about things that we are thankful for, and there are many. I still find it so fitting and amazing that we get to celebrate Thanksgiving while we're pregnant. It feels like a puzzle piece that I've been waiting to find in the pile. And it fits perfectly. Lovin' it.

A few things I am thankful for this year:

1. That I get to sit at the feet of such a redeeming God who I can trust to never leave me. He doesn't say the storms won't come, but instead that He will weather the storm with you and walk with you step by step. I looove my relationship with our sweet Lord.
2. I'm incredibly thankful for my husband. I love that he is willing to "go there" with me through all aspects of our journey and is "intentionally" married to me. He doesn't just let marriage happen to him---it's intentional.
3. There are no words to describe how thankful I am for our Wicker Bean. I CANNOT WAIT to meet my perfect, sweet, and divine little one.
4. I'm incredibly thankful for our home--the fact that we have a house, with a yard, is such a blessing that some don't have. And something that a lot today take for granted.
5. I'm so thankful for my sweet friends and my Threads of Hope group and friendships. God has used these sweet friends to share so much with me.
6. I'm thankful that Kevin has a good job and can provide for our family.
7.I'm thankful that I will be able to be a stay at home mom so that I can work to fulfill what Kevin and I believe is a part of a biblical wife's purpose.
8. I'm also thankful that I know what it means and know how to "faith it" instead of "fakin' it"
....this list is in no way all inclusive, but just a few that are sitting on my heart at the moment.


ohhh and a super funny to share! I can't resist, Tracy.

So today as we were saying our goodbye's to everyone at Kevin's grandparents' house, Kevin's PawPaw walks up and gives me this...


..and opened package of Assurance underpads. His PawPaw told me these were for me after I have the baby. And he was serious. I told everyone this was certainly one Thanksgiving gift I would never forget, that's for sure! It was a really funny moment. So funny that I had to share. After all, how often does your husband's grandpa give you an opened package of underpads for leakage. This surely needed to go down in my blog history.

No comments:

Post a Comment