Wednesday, February 8, 2012

We're Almost There!

Today is Wednesday. You know what that means..OB follow-up today.

We again started with the sonogram first and all is well. My cervix is measuring 2.5cm--the same as it has been since week 25 when I had my huge drop. This is great news.

The tech also did another biophysical profile of the baby and all was perfect. The baby was yawning up a storm with a heart rate of 127--so nice and relaxed. At least I know I'm not the only one who can't stop yawning. Maybe me not getting lots of sleep means the Bean isn't getting lots of sleep either, but somehow I doubt that. :) Next visit we will do another growth scan of the baby so we have an estimated weight on our last sonogram. Exciting!

My visit with the doc was quick today. She was happy to see that all is still the same, so I just confirmed the plan from here on out. I will have one more sonogram, which will be next week, then NO MORE SONOGRAMS! I have had weekly sonograms since I was 6 weeks! Do you realize how surreal this prospect is?

After next week she said she will pretty much let me do what I want to do, but she said not to go crazy and have lots of wild all nighters until 36 weeks. Not that anything wild will be in my near future, but it's nice to know that if I want to go crazy I have permission in 3 weeks!

She also confirmed that she will take me off of Procardia at 36 weeks. This is three weeks away!!! She said given that my cervix has stayed stable for this long she can't say for sure if she thinks I will go into labor quickly after discontinuing the medications. She said, I think half way joking but also half way serious, " You'll probably be one of those who goes to 40 or 42 weeks after all of this. I guess the baby just wanted to make sure they stirred up a little drama before they make their grand entrance."

I'm up to 124 pounds today! Whoo hoo. I've been putting away the food like a grown man. I'm literally eating just as much as Kevin at meals. It still seems weird that I'm about 33 weeks pregnant and I only weigh 124 pounds---doesn't it?! Like I've said before, I'd love to be that curvy, sexy pregnant woman, not the stick figure pregnant woman, but I know plenty of pregnant woman who at this very moment are pretty ticked their already wearing a size F bra and can no longer wear their wedding ring. So the grass is always greener.

New feeling this week: I feel like my belly button is going to split open. It's still not an outey, but I think it wants to be. I don't think the belly button can stretch one millimeter more.

Oh another new feeling. I had a very small freak out this week. Kevin and I were laying on the couch together and I say, " Can you believe that in like 6 weeks we will meet our baby?!"

Kevin: " I know, I'm so excited. I can't wait."
Me: " I'm kinda freaking out. I mean, in like no time, 6 weeks or less, our whole lives will be totally different. "
Kevin: " Yep. This is what we wanted, remember."
Me: " Well, yes, this is what we wanted, but it's kinda freaking me out. I mean, I will being responsible for caring for a live being 24/7. My whole world is about to be different. I have to learn about all things baby, how to breast feed, I have to go through labor, the dogs are in for a totally new life. I'm just feeling kinda sad and overwhelmed."
Kevin: " Why? It will all be fine.."

Uhg...Kevin's tuning out. I'm losing him. So as much as I need and want to continue this conversation with him, it can't go on as he's lost interest.

But for the record, I am freaking out a little. I feel like I'm about to have to learn an entirely new life and existence and it's scary. And I have to admit I've been a little emotional lately and when I think about our sweet dogs having to adjust to the baby..and be put on the back burner..it makes me sad. I mean, Kevin and I know what's coming...and it's still difficult to prepare..but they have no idea what's headed their way...and this makes me really sad. I don't know why? I mean, they could love the baby, right? And since I've been on bedrest they have already had to be on the back burner. They get no exercise, no walks, and pretty much have to lay around with me all day and get super hyper by the time the evening rolls around every night. It totally makes me feel guilty. And I don't see this getting any better right after the baby is born. I know this may sound really dumb, but it's how I've been feeling.

So that's the latest. It is my prayer that all will stay as it is and we will be able to complete all that we want to complete this month. Just want to keep the babe in their cooking the rest of this month, for sure.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, your life will change forever BUT it changes for the best! That little baby will be born and you will have a hard time remembering what your life was like before they were born...I SWEAR THIS HAPPENS! Also, you will know love like you've never loved before. It is scary, but I think most of the fear comes from being scared of the unknown. Trust that God has a wonderful plan for your family and that He will never give you more than you can handle! You will be great parents and your dogs will adjust and be the best big brothers! Maybe you can hire a neighbor kid to walk them once or twice a week when the baby comes? We did that with our dogs and our dogs were so much happier!

    ReplyDelete