Monday, February 20, 2012

Maternity Pictures

So we had another big day.

Not only did Kevin and I get to see my brother, sister, their other halves and all of my nieces for an impromptu lunch since my brother was in town for a quick trip away from Houston, which was completely lovely and awesome, but we also had our maternity photos taken today!

Whoo hoo! Another milestone on the list..met!

Our photographer was fab and such a hoot to work with. She made the entire shoot in the cooooled weather so much more pleasant.

We originally were scheduled to take our pictures yesterday morning, then it got moved to .this morning, but all was scrapped due to lots of rain. Bummer. But by the grace of our God and after lots of prayer, and after an overcast, dreary morning, the sun came out and the skies cleared, so we were able to have a sunset shoot this evening. Yea!

This all worked out perfectly because we really really wanted our pictures to be done by the time we have our shower, which is in two weeks. Not necessarily because we have to show off our pictures at our shower,but of course we want that too, but because the weekend of our shower I stop taking my Procardia. And we don't know how long it will take me to go into labor after that..2 days..2 weeks...4 weeks..? So we really want everything we want or need to be complete done shortly after our shower..if not before.

So, in a nut shell, we got the pictures done and I think we should have some great final pictures. Im soo excited! We really showcased the belly and took lots of Kevin and I both. Ill def share as soon as I have them back.

Today was a great day. I'm very thankful we got to see some fam and all of my sweet nieces. I sure do looove and miss all of them so much. And I'm super thankful to have one more 'big' to do checked off our baby list.

On a side note, during pictures today, I realized something. As I was doing an individual pose and smiling and concentrating on the photographer, I noticed how unforced and genuine my smile was. I was totally owning this very special time in my life as a woman. I will never again get to be pregnant for the first time..or with this baby for that matter ...ever again...and I was soaking it all in and truly enjoying every single second. My smile had to look slightly cheesy as I really felt like I was smiling from ear to ear. The entire shoot was slightly surreal. Like, am I really getting to do this?? Be the centerpiece for a maternity photo shoot? This was always something I viewed as reserved for all women other than me. And I can't say for sure, but I assume if I never had to struggle to get pregnant, this photo shoot may not have been quite as sweet. But no worries there, it was sweeter than I could have imagined.

Awesome, blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment