Sunday, February 26, 2012

An Exciting Week Ahead

This week is a very big week for us. Again, I have a very full week with lots of to-do's, appointments, and preparations. This is the last week I'll be taking Procardia, my anticontraction medication, AND it's the week of our baby shower! Can't believe it's here! It's also the week we get to go to Just Between Friends as first time parents, which is the largest consignment sale of baby items in the state. It's huuuuge!

After the baby shower Kevin and I will quickly get the baby's room organized, finish any final set ups, put away any gifts we received, and purchase any must-haves we may be missing. I'll then get the house spic-and-span so I can hurry up and stop taking my meds. We def don't want to have all of these things we want to get accomplished looming and take the chance of going into labor by stopping my medication too soon. So I won't stop taking my meds until we get these things done, so probably a a few days after our baby shower in our 36th week.

I am sooo excited about this week. It is my prayer that my body will maintain as it has been through the rest of the week so we can make it safely to the shower without going into labor or already having a baby by then. And we're praying for great weather, no rain, or worse, any ice or freezing temps. We def want everyone to make it out to celebrate with us.

Last I heard it sounds like we will have a pretty good turnout at the shower, too! I can't wait to see everyone there! I know it's going to be a fab day! Being able to finally have a baby shower of my own is completely surreal. I'm still waiting to wake up and find out none of this has been real for the last 8 months.

For us, our baby shower does not just represent a day, or a party where we receive gifts for the baby. It is soo much more than that. Our shower is truly a celebration and represents a culmination of the last 2 and a half years of our lives and all we have experienced. So it's a day of releasing some of that past and walking into the future. It's a day of utter thankfulness. It's a day of over-the-top excitement about our sweet baby. It's a day that we can publicly give all the glory to our amazing God who has grown our hearts, our marriage, and blessed our lives through our journey. ..And the list goes on and on. So for us, this is not just a baby shower.

I believe that every baby is special, not just my own. And the majority of moms' in the world are over-joyed to welcome their new bundles and are just as exited to attend their own baby showers. Just like me. So I'm not at all saying that our baby shower is any more special than anyone else's. But, for us,  this baby shower is awe-inspiring and fueled by a long journey that marks this day as unbelievable.
We are marking an end and a new beginning. And it feels so sweet. The thankfulness and excitement we feel is immeasurable. God will always work things in our lives for our good. But it's always in his time.

On a side note completely unrelated, as I'm sitting here writing this post, I can look out our living room windows and watch my husband as he's mowing the backyard. And he looks really sexy doing it. This is def one of the reasons I can't wait for spring---more mowing by the hubs and more starring by me. He looks pretty hot after he's been doing work outside.

I have been feeling awesome! My body feels amazing, I love being pregnant!, and I have no signs of going into labor in the near future. It is my sincerest prayer that this trend continue and God keep my body, heart and mind, and the baby safe from any complications or an early delivery. We would be honored if you, too, would pray this prayer on our behalf.

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy your baby shower! Sounds like you have a full week ahead! Exciting!

    ReplyDelete