Warning: If you consider Kevin or myself to be asexual beings, then this may not be the blog post for you. As far as family goes, this may be a Rated R post. :)
Tonight we had an impromptu casual dinner. Yea for impromptu dinners! I guess it was a semi/casual Valentine's Day dinner since the actual holiday falls on Tuesday. As I've said before, we don't go big for Valentine's Day, honestly we usually just go out to dinner, I may cook a sweet breakfast with heart shaped pancakes, and we may find ourselves being a little softer to one another..But that's the extent of it.
So it's Sunday night and Kevin wanted to head out for dinner and dessert, which I thought was a great idea. We went out to a local restaurant and sat at the bar, had some good food, some great conversation, and then...the best part...we shared a huge, amazing dessert. A huge warm cookie with vanilla ice cream sitting on top of the cookie that was smothered in chocolate sauce and whip cream...o.m.g..amazing. A pregnant chick will never say no to this...at least not this pregnant lady.
To top it off, it started snowing while we were having dinner. So we got to watch it through the windows as we had our date. Kevin turned into a kid again and was squealing with happiness as we watched the snow pour down.
When we got home Kevin surprised me with a very sweet surprise. He got me a Willow Tree "Home" carved figurine of a husband with his arms wrapped around his pregnant wife. I looove it! Super thoughtful and sweet and something that will always mark a very special time in our lives.
Now that I'm just about 34 weeks, which is when my doc said " we can talk about it then", and although I haven't had this talk with her quite yet, Kevin and I decided neither one of us can take it anymore and decided to "reconnect" in light of me feeling much better for the past few weeks. Come on--it's been like 12 weeks! I will spare you all the details. But it was lovely and needed. Sorry for any family that read this blog, but I do write in this blog as my personal journal, hence all of the personal info. I share. Side note to self: You can wear lingerie while big pregnant. It does look hot. And more importantly, my husband thought it was hot...I think really hot, actually. There was also no weirdness for either of us with the big belly in the way. It all worked out smoothly with no awkward glitches, which I've heard sometimes can happen.
Date Night! 33.3 weeks
My sweet gift from Kevin representing our very special pregnancy
Yea for a wonderful evening!
P.S My new fav commercial is the M&M commercial where the female M&M says, " I can't believe he thinks I'm showing my milk chocolate" as she watches another M&M strip down and dance naked at the party while the song " Sexy and I know it" plays in the background. Hilarious!
No comments:
Post a Comment