Monday, February 20, 2012

Blessings!!

Today was the day of my visit with the perinatologist for my level II sono. Another big day!

So here is what Dr. Graham had to say:

I'll cut to the punch line..

Big Blessing Alert: The baby looked great. He did not find any defects or abnormalities with the Bean! God is amazing!

My fluid measured 21 cm today, which is high normal, which is also down from last week. He said one's fluid level can fluctuate throughout the day. He said he knows there is something wrong with a baby when he sees fluid levels that surpass 30cm and that are well into the 30's and 40's. He said I am just a variation of normal. I should have guessed...we all know I'm special. :)

He also said, " this kid has a short femur and a big head. Does Dad have a big head?" Hahaha..He then went on to say the big head and short femur is nothing to worry about and there was nothing wrong with the baby, it's just a combo of our genetics. The doc said that since Kevin and I don't have long long-bones in our body this is why our baby doesn't either. Obviously, right. I'm def short and we're both smaller people, so it makes sense. I'm just hoping I can get that head out. I'm wondering just how big it is! He estimated the baby's weight at 4 pounds and 11 ounces today and said he/she should gain a quarter to a half pound every week from here on out. He also recommended that I be sono'ed every week from here on out and for me to do kick counts. I need to feel 5-7 fetal movements every hour, which signals a healthy baby.


In response to a question from me, he informed me that my regular fluid intake, my drinking a lot of water everyday, would not cause me to have high amniotic fluid. It will only cause this to happen when a Mom has previously been dehydrated. I also asked about the baby being in the same position for the last 10 weeks. He said he was not concerned that the baby was 'stuck' because although the baby's head is really low and sitting on my cervix, it is not engaged and in the pelvis. So he didn't seem concerned about this at all. I asked if I should be doing any exercises or anything to try to move the baby and he said, 'nope.' He also said I was right to push forward with getting a level II sono, as this is an IVF baby. He went on to explain the inherent risks in an IVF pregnancy all the way around: with Preterm labor and congenital defects being at the top of the list.

This is all great news! I am sooo thankful! It makes me feel great to know that a very experienced set of eyes looked at the baby in depth and ruled out any defects that can be seen on ultrasound. Major God victory. Thank you to my wonderful and amazing Lord for growing and creating our healthy Bean. Giving Him all the glory this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment