Now that I'm 32 weeks I'm going to take full advantage...within in reason, of course. A while back when all of this preterm labor stuff started by OB told me that when I got to 32 weeks she would give me more freedom. As in maybe going out to an occasional dinner or something similar. It is true that I haven't discussed the specifics of what kind of 'bed rest' I'm supposed to be on as of late, as I guess I've found it to be a really irrelevant convo given the fact that I could barely bathe myself. So strict bed rest regardless of what my doc wanted was being self imposed for the last few weeks.
Okay, so back to the point. Since I got some sleep last night which I believe set me up for a good day today -- thank you to all of you who have been praying--I was ready to try going out to dinner and be reintroduced into the land of the living tonight. So it was on our agenda for the evening to go out for some good dinner and conversation. Our first date in a while. And a much needed date.
I happened to have had a lengthy phone conversation with a good friend today and an impromptu couples dinner was set up with her, a mutual friend, and all of our spouses for this evening after I mentioned that Kevin and I were going to try to head out tonight. We all met for dinner at 730 tonight and it was GREAT! We are all three pregnant with baby #1, with one of my friends being due 6 days before me, so needless to say there was a lot of baby and pregnancy talk, but it was sooo nice to actually be able to take a shower, do my hair, see myself with makeup on, put on a cute maternity outfit and go out and be among people! Oh how I have taken for granted the feeling of 'normalcy' in the past. This was such a nice treat.
It was an excellent evening with good food, great friends, and fun conversation. I love being pregnant...or being pregnant and out in public I should say...and I love the waitress for asking me when I'm due. We had the prettiest waitress and she mentioned after I told her I was due next month that she has a son who just turned a year old that she had al natural at a birthing center and she raved about the experience. She was also a petite little thing and said her boy was ten pounds at birth, so if she could do it, we could do it.
It has always been in my plan to have a natural birth, but I don't want to be so rigid that I set myself up for extreme disappointment or even failure. So I'm trying to keep an open mind about how I deliver, but when it comes down to it, I do still want a natural delivery. This is a far cry from all of my friends who are currently pregnant, and there are a lot of them at the moment, as they all want to be as medicated as possible.
Another fun tid bit about this evening--the friend we had dinner with who is due six days before me, she is having a girl--Kendall Addison ( Don't you love this name?!), and she is carrying totally differently than me. I am carrying very out front and 'basketballish' whereas my friend is carrying all the way around her center and all over her body. I have heard this to be true when it comes to boys and girls, but who really knows. We shall see.
After dinner I was craaaaaving icecream. I actually have been for some time, so I thought this to be a great opportunity to check this craving off the list. Kevin and I hit up a great coffee/dessert place in our neighborhood after dinner. He had some coffee and I sat and indulged in some chocolate chip cookie dough icecream. It was soo lovely. We had an awesome evening and I'm so thankful. Kevin made me take Tylenol as we headed out for dinner to ensure I was comfortable through the evening, which I'm sure helped. I am very thankful for a wonderful evening with good friends and the hubs. It was sooooo good to feel normal again. Hopefully I didn't indulge in too much activity or too much fatty and carby food. ( I ate horribly..and I ate enough for three people!) Def don't want to pay for it all by having a crappy night's sleep or by feeling like poop the next few days. But I'm going with the power of positive thinking and believing I'll be great tomorrow.
I'm so glad you were able to go out and have a group date, what fun!! That's awesome you were able to eat and get a good nights sleep too. I'll keep praying that you have more better days then bad ones.
ReplyDeleteI had an all natural labor as well and I actually went into the birth unsure of if I would get an epidural or not. Luckily for me, my labor was only 3.5 hours long (start to finish) and I only pushed 8 minutes...By the time I thought I couldn't handle the pain anymore, I was ready to push. It was the HARDEST thing I've ever had to do, but afterwards, I was SO proud of myself! It's a HUGE adrenaline high being able to give birth naturally, and I honestly believe that if I can do it (I don't have a high pain tolerance AT ALL), anyone can do it. :-)
Congrats on getting to 32 weeks! Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
Hey Heather! I'm quite dense sometimes, so it took me some time to figure out how to respond back to you! So sorry about that, as I do certainly appreciate you reading about my mundane life and commenting. I do want to ask, how did you find my blog? I have my settings set so that search engines won't pick up my blog. I very happy to have a new bloggin' friend, but I am curious. Hope all is well this weekend with your precious family.
DeleteI think I found it from another persons blog on blogger. I can't remember who, but someone who was following you on blogger had your site on their site. I'm always looking for new blogs to read so I thought I'd follow along!
ReplyDeleteI also am very careful about my settings on blogger, search engines can't find mine either. :-) Blogging for me is like a personal journal, but I don't have any of my real-life friends following me. I kind of like to stay "private" with the IF stuff.
Have a wonderful weekend!