So as I was trying desperately to fall asleep last night I had two dominant thoughts.
1. I find it crazy, but awesome at the same time that by mid-January we have met our very high insurance deductible and co-insurance amount and are now at 100% for the rest of the year on our health insurance. Gotta love hospital trips! So this means that for the rest of the year, with new baby and all, we won't have to worry about anymore money to be paid for medical expenses. Yea! Yes, we still have to pay off all of our current bills once they come in the mail, but as far as the insurance company is concerned, we are done for the year. Whoo hoo! I know the insurance hates me. They have already tried to call me four times to " discuss my health concerns". That will be a phone call I won't be returning.
2. Our Bean hiccups alllll the time. I mean allll the time. He/she also seems to hiccup at consistent times of the day, with night time being one of them. So when 11pm rolls around my belly goes to town. Keep in mind the baby is still head down, which means the hiccups are really low in my abdomen. So it feels like with every hiccup the baby is about to push my bladder out of my body. But that's okay, It's still a sweet reminder that our Bean is alive in there and getting that diaphragm of theirs ready to work in a couple of months. I wonder if this means our baby will have a lot of hiccups after birth?
So other than begging and pleading for sleep last night, these were my two dominating thoughts. Who thinks about insurance when their trying to fall sleep. This sounds like a bad move, huh. Insurance raises my blood pressure. Maybe this is why I had such a difficult time falling asleep. :)
Aiden had TONS of hiccups too when I was pregnant and YES, he was born and still gets them at least once a day. He also has reflux pretty bad, so hopefully the two aren't linked to each other! We found that Gripe Water works really well on getting rid of the hiccups, you can buy it at Wal-Mart in the baby section along with gas drops. I highly recommend stocking up on both before your little one is born :-) They were a life saver for us!
ReplyDeleteThat is awesome your insurance deductible has been met. It takes FOREVER for the hospital bills to all come through though, we still haven't gotten the final bill for the birth back in Sept yet. :-) Sometimes I like to think that the hospital made a mistake and won't bill us! Lol
I'm so sorry you aren't able to sleep. Believe me, that sucks. You need all the rest you can get right now because it will be a few months before you get a full nights sleep when your little one comes. I remember the first few months Aiden was born and they are just a blur of one sleepless night after another :-) BUT, 100% worth it!
Hang in there mama, you are doing a terrific job of growing your baby. I'll pray you get a good nights sleep tonight!