Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Hiccups Galore

I don't think it's possible for our Bean to have anymore hiccups. This little one is one hiccup-ing machine! I have been able to discern that he/she gets hiccups right after I eat--every time-- and every night around 11pm. Now that the baby is somewhere in the realm of 4 pounds, these hiccups are no longer soft little flutters. It is like I am carrying around a metronome in my belly for about 10 minutes at a time. There is certainly no way I can get to sleep with these rhythmic beats in my belly. But I still stand by my confession that it's a sweet reminder of my growing baby.

I can also tell the baby is putting on weight. Not only am I certainly looking pregnant, but the baby's movements are different. They are still really strong, but now I can fully make out a foot or a hand protruding from the side of my belly. It is very alien-esque, I do have to say. It is almost like I can grab their hand or foot as it stretches my skin so much and sticks so far out. It's the weirdest thing!

I also have periods of the day, I'm assuming based on where the baby is positioned, where I feel so much pressure on my bladder. Like, I have to pee--bad--, but I JUST peed two minutes ago and I know there's nothing left in my bladder. It's kinda like some of the sensations you get with a UTI minus any of the burning and discomfort. There are other times when my bladder feels totally normal. This is why I assume it is based on where the baby is laying and whether or not they are sitting low and on my bladder. Fun stuff.

I've been feeling okay lately. I wonder if my intestines and gall bladder have just simmered down hence why I am feeling much better than before. Lets hope it stays this way..PLEASE! It feels good to eat and to know that I am taking in the needed calories for the babe to grow in their final growth spurt. For the record, I think now I'm taking in too many calories--I'm an eating beast!!

Oh, and I know I'm probably shooting myself in the foot with anymore planning considering all of our plans thus far have been thrown out the window, but I have a small, new plan.

I am scheduled to come off of my Procardia in about 3 weeks, at 36 weeks. I have a feeling I may go into labor soon after coming off these meds. After all, I've had PTL issues 3 times since being pregnant, two of which were while I was on anticontractions meds. And I've noticed that my Braxton Hicks contractions have been picking up in frequency a lot lately. But I also know this could just be a totally normal thing considering I'm in the third trimester.

The week that I turn 36 weeks is the same week of my baby shower. I hate even typing what I would like to see happen, as I feel like I'm totally jinxing myself...

But in a perfect world I would like to stay on my meds thru the baby shower, until we can get through all the baby items and purchase the last remaining items we still need for the baby, and I would like to do a nice, deep clean on the house ( since I haven't been able to deep clean my own house since week 25), and complete all final to-do's I have written down before I stop taking my meds--just in case I go into labor quickly after discontinuing them. Oh, and how could I forget--and HAVE SEX!! So my bet would be that Baby Wicker will arrive early to mid-March.

But my first prayer is that we make it to 36 weeks WITH the meds on-board. We have a lot on the agenda for February, with our last 'to-do' being our own baby shower. After that, Baby Wicker can come anytime. :) I know, I know, God always has another plan and my plan doesn't always align with His---He has definitely been teaching me this lesson throughout this pregnancy.

But I did pray for Him to make some changes in me before the baby arrives. My prayer was a prayer of openness with God as well as a plea. I have a definite Type A personality and I'm such a worry-wart. This is one thing I would loooove to tone down about my personality, as I feel it really hinders me from my full potential.  I don't want to be a neurotic Mom who raises a neurotic kid by default. So I asked God early in the pregnancy to challenge me and to change me before our baby arrives. Hahahah! Careful what you pray for! He has made certain that my entire idea of pregnancy and everything we had planned was thrown out the window--and I've been forced to submit before the Lord and say, " Okay, I get it. My neurotic way is not the best way. It's all about You, and not me. I don't need to control every detail--that's your job, not mine." It's been a really difficult lesson for me, but at the same time, I'm really grateful for this lesson, as I truly feel it will make me a better Mom and give me a heart that is more sensitive to the guidance of our great Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment