Well, technically, I'm 35 weeks tomorrow, but, hey, who's counting days. Definitely not me. :) Today was my weekly trip to see my lovely OB. So here's what happened at this week's visit:
The baby looked great on sonogram and is still in the same exact position as the last 10 weeks.
Baby's HR was in the 130's
The baby's head is measuring 2 weeks ahead for its gestational age. Who in our family is causing this sweet Bean to have such a huge head. More importantly, who can I pinch for passing along the 'big head gene' when I can't push that dang thing out of my body or after the baby has to be sectioned out.
The baby's femurs are measuring one week behind. So this baby will not have long legs, nor will he/she be tall.
Everything else on the baby is measuring on track. Kevin jokes that our Bean is going to be short, have large feet, and have a huge head, so it might just fall over when starting to walk. Poor thing. Hope he/she doesn't look odd. :)
The baby passed its BioPhysical Profile Test today and was caught yawning up a storm again.
My fluid level was lower today at 19.5 cm, but still at a high normal level. But no reason for concern. Looks good!
I did ask the doc about watching the baby's head size, as I really hope to have a vaginal delivery and def want to avoid having a c section at all cost if I can. I asked her if as I get closer to term, 37 weeks and beyond, if she would induce me if the head gets large enough that she doesn't think it would pass through my pelvis. She said that the national standard states that a baby's size is no reason to induce delivery before 39 weeks. She would only induce before 39 weeks if there is a medical issue affecting me or the baby. So, basically, she said no, that she would not be planning on inducing me anytime before 39 weeks regardless of how large the head is even it is means I will then be required to have a c-section because the head won't pass through my pelvis. That kinda sounds like crap to me. She then went on to say that due to my height I am already at a higher risk of requiring a c-section. Lovely. But good info. to know, as this will give me and YOU something more specific to pray over regarding our delivery.
I passed my second Glucose Challenge Test!! I do not have gestational diabetes, so this is not the cause of my high fluid levels. Great news! I was sure wondering how I was going to cut back on my chocolate obsession if I did have gestational diabetes. :)
She also told me that the redness, burning, and heat sensation coming from my legs when I have ankle or leg swelling is normal. She said it's just blood trying to get back up my legs from my feet and it's getting stuck in my legs. No worries. It doesn't happen but every few days or so.
I weighed in at 128# today. Up one pound from last week.
Only one more week of Procardia, my anticontraction medication! OMG, the day is almost here! The day I started these meds, when the doc told me how long I would have to stay on them, I thought 36 weeks sounded soooo far off. And we're almost there. Amazing. God is amazing to pull us through.
I feel great! ( Now that I have that pesky kidney stone out!) Good thing, because we have a busy weekend. And I have a baby shower to go to on Saturday, can't wait! For obvious reasons I went through a season of totally avoiding baby showers, but now, of course, I want to do all things baby and help celebrate with all my sweet pregnant friends. This is certainly so much easier to do when your heart is not utterly broken, as mine once was when Baby Wicker was no where to be seen on the horizon.
I also had my Group B Strep test and state required third trimester repeat HIV test done today. I was thinking the Group B Strep test was going to be more uncomfortable than it was, as they have to swab your vagina and rectum with a QTip. I've been referring to it as the 'butt test' all day for some reason. My friends have gotten a real kick out of that euphemism. But it was a piece of cake. No biggie. I think I heard these two are the final tests of the pregnancy! Whoo hoo! This means the end is really nearing. I'm really glad to hear this. I'm about over being poked and prodded. I had four pregnancy related appointment this week, one every day so far, and three of them required me to give blood--so three days in a row. My poor arms have ugly, sore hematomas now.
Lets recap:
Monday: Perinatologist
Tuesday: Glucose Challenge Test
Wednesday: Recheck thyroid/medication levels ( more thyroid medication is often required during pregnancy, especially in the third trimester. So I have gone every 6 weeks for blood tests since being pregnant to make sure my levels have stayed stable.)
Thursday: OB exam/sono and HIV and Group Strep B test
Friday: No appointments on the book! Yes! 'Clean house' in def on the agenda.
And on a side note, I hate insurance companies, I hate the cleaners, I hate doctors' offices Business Departments. Everything seems like a rip off. Everywhere I turn, no matter what, it seems everyone wants more money, everything is more expensive than it was last year, and it takes foooorever to get any type of reimbursements that are owed to us. Arg! Why must I be so Type A and methodical and actually force myself to follow-up and dig through all the details to make sure we're not getting ripped off or losing unneeded money. No likey.
Otherwise, I'm feeling great all the way around and totally looking forward to our baby shower! Super excited! I'm going to make this weekend a good one, too.
Have a great baby shower. Glad to hear all your appointments went well...baby will be here in no time at all! :-)
ReplyDeleteThank you so much! I'm getting more scared by the day about D-Day and having our lives completely changed by a little one, but I know it's all soo worth it. It will just take a little time and adjustment. I'll def post maternity and shower pics soon. Hope all is well in your corner of the world. :)
Delete