I have mentioned that Kevin has recently taken a liking to sewing and that he has been working on some projects for me and the baby. So here is a pic of one of his completed sewing projects. He has really done a great job. He has watched YouTube how-to videos, gone to the store to get all his supplies, and picked out coordinating material all on his own.
This is the car seat cover that Kevin made for the baby's car seat. Yes, the top has flower patterns, but it really doesn't look too feminine in person. The underside is a dark blue. He finished it this week after he worked on it little by little every night after work. I think he did a fabulous job. I know I don't have any kids yet, but I'm totally into car sear covers. They allow you to keep some weather elements from the baby, help the baby sleep, or even act as a deterrent if you don't want people to be touching all over the baby and sticking their hands inside the car seat, which I anticipate may bother me---just pull the cover down.
He went out today after dropping Eli off at his hair appointment and picked up more crafty items, as he has two more baby related projects in mind. He's on a roll these days. I guess he is really enjoying making things for the baby. So he got some super cute fabric that will match our diaper bag to cover a travel diaper wipe case and he is also making a travel changing pad with the same cute fabric. I'll post pics after he's done. I'm sure they will turn out just as great as his car seat cover.
Nice work, Kevin! You need to get him on some burp choths. Super easy and WAY better than anything you can buy! Channile (pretty sure I didn't spell that right!) on one side and flannel on the other. I can't wait to see his next creations!
ReplyDelete