Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Vegetarian?

At one point in my life I was a very strict vegan, but due to not being able to get all the essential nutrients that I required, I became very ill and ultimately ended up switching back to being a carnivore. Well, I think I may have been on the right track back in the day.

Cooking meats is an arduous task for me these days. I have had some very disheartening experiences of late when attempting to prepare dinner. Particularly cooking chicken and beef....eewwww! I was making a chicken stir-fry last week and I became so nauseated while cooking the meat I wasn't even able to eat it during dinner with the hubs. I instead ate a few bites of the steamed broccoli and rice I had also cooked. For some reason looking at the chicken as it cooked and breathing in the " cooking chicken smell' was just too much. I had to sit down multiple times throughout preparing dinner to stave off vomiting.

I had a similar experience this week when I was making hamburgers. I don't know if it's the fact that I was looking at raw meat, having to touch it, or just the smell of raw meat cooking, but apparently beef, too, is too much for me these days. Again, I made two hamburgers, one for each of us, and I took one bite of my burger in an attempt to not be wasteful, but I could barely swallow it. The remainder was thrown out.

On the flip side, my daily nausea that doesn't involve cooking has seemed much better the last week. I was also having a real problem with not being able to eat more than 2 or 3 bites of food without feeling like I just ate three plates of lasagna. ( Apparently, this is due to high levels of progesterone slowing down the entire GI system) But recently I seem to be able to eat regular amounts of food. Yea! I hope I'm not "losing" any pregnancy symptoms but instead just moving through my pregnancy normally.

So far I haven't had any vomiting or any other truly obvious pregnancy symptoms other than those I've already mentioned. We have also been able to resume normal sexual activity with no issues. ( Thank God! Remind me to never go that long without sex ever again!) I am praying that my aversion to cooking meats will subside soon, as it's severely inferring with my dinner eating ability. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment