Monday, August 29, 2011

Celebrating my Sweet Hubby

This weekend was an awesome one. My husband graduated with a master's degree earlier this month and we had a family celebration dinner this past weekend to commemorate his accomplishment.  It wasn't an overly large party, but just enough that we could all visit and catch-up, but without it being too chaotic.

We invited our siblings, parents, and  grandparents to this celebration and really hoped all would have been able to join. However, sadly, not everyone made it out which left us with mixed feelings. Nonetheless,  we are soo thankful for those that came out to support Kevin this weekend and thoroughly enjoyed seeing everyone. It was a great evening.

Kevin enjoyed great company, got some very cool gifts, including a new IPad2,  indulged in an awesome celebratory dessert cake, and, of course, posed for lots of pictures. I think we were all pooped afterwards.






I am so so proud of my precious husband. It was quite a sacrifice for many for him to go back to school and complete this program, all the while as we were smack dab in the middle of our entire infertility journey. I am sooooo glad I get my hubby back on Monday nights and Saturday afternoons!

We also missed out on getting to see family regularly during this time, as our weekends were often shot due to Kevin being in class on Saturday's and him having to meet up for group projects on the weekends. I definitely won't miss this.   Any left over time was spent going to church,  doing yard work or all the must-do's of life.

I can't wait to get back to school for my master's degree, but this will have to wait as becoming parents is our number one priority at the moment.

On a side note that doesn't really belong with this particular entry---as we were checking out after my first OB appointment last week Kevin grabbed a business card from the counter. It was a photographer's business card who specializes in contemporary pregnancy and baby photos. The business card offers a split view of a black and white pregnant silhouette and a newborn picture. You can't see the women's face in the silhouette, basically all you see is her profile in all black.   Kevin and I have long awaited the day that I can take sexy belly-exposed pregnancy photos, so he grabbed the card. He ended up putting the card on our fridge, eye level, right next to all of our sonogram pictures ( yes, we are now those people). A few days had passed with the business card being placed on the fridge.

Last night Kevin walks from the kitchen to where I was sitting and says, " I just have to say, this picture of this women on this business card is freakin' sexy!"  Hearing him say this was awesome. I have long wondered if he would find my pregnant body sexy, repulsive, or somewhere in between. Of course, I want a husband who can't keep his hands off me because he is so into my pregnant shape.

You can't see any personal distinguishing features of the women in the picture, only her facial profile, her long hair, breasts, and about a 6 month pregnant belly. I find the picture hot too. I can't wait to look like that! I went on to ask what he thought was so hot about the picture. His response: " It's just so feminine and womanly! Of course, the big boobs are hot, too. And I love the shape of her belly, it's just really sexy."

I decided to add a pic of the pic in question:



Hearing Kevin say this did not bother me in the least. It actually made me super happy, as I will be that lady in the picture in a few months ( hopefully!).

No comments:

Post a Comment