Thursday, August 11, 2011

Taking Tired to a Whole New Level

For the past week couple of weeks I have been insanely tired by 7 o'clock. Like ready to pass out, skip to go, and lay my head down where ever I am and catch some ZZ's. I wasn't quite sure what it was at first, I was thinking just some weird fluke or me just being tired from being so anxious over all the IFV stuff.

As each evening came and went and my same level of tiredness returned, I began to think this may be a pregnancy thing. I'm still not 100% sure, but it would make sense, right. I mean, your body is growing and building things like a heart, spinal cord, and limbs. This sounds like a pretty big job to me. I get tired thinking about building things so intricate, and apparently it makes me even more tired that my body is actually building those things. So it makes sense that despite getting adequate sleep everynight, 8 hours just isn't enough to keep up with the demands of a growing fetus.

I try to do my best to stay awake. Usually when the intense tiredness hits I am still needing to do a 100 things before I can call it a night. Some nights I'll push through and make dinner, clean the kitchen, take care of the dogs, and make the Hubby's lunch. Other days, you will find me sprawled out on the couch telling the hubs I can't even lift my arm and he has to cook or he has to make his own lunch, which he'll do.

If this is a pregnancy thing, I guess I should be celebrating, right?! Afterall, I have been praying to God, literally, to feel pregnancy symptoms for a year and a half.

In four days we will have a second sonogram to make sure baby Wicker's heart is still beating and to calculate his or her growth over the last week. Yea! Very excited. As of today I'm feeling lots of "movement" in my uterus. There is a lot of pinching, twinges, and sharp movements, but nothing lasting more than a second or anything remotely painful. So I think this means Baby Wicker is alive and well today. Hopefully being a growing machine! It seems as though most mornings, within the first 15 minutes of being up, I will feel "movement" in my uterus, and a lot of the time I may not feel them again until the next morning. So when I feel these in the morning I always say, " Good Morning, Bean!" Maybe it's his or her way of starting off the day to let me know they are still in there plugging away. :) I know, I'm cheesy.

On a side note, my husband tells me goodbye this morning with a kiss as I layed passed out in the bed and by saying, " Have a good day. Grow our little bean. I love you."

My response, " I'm doing it right now."

No comments:

Post a Comment